UNCW Undergraduate Research Scholars
Requirements for recognition as
UNCW Undergraduate Research Scholar or
UNCW Distinguished Undergraduate Research Scholar
- Create a student-reported mechanism to recognize undergraduate accomplishments in research leading to dissemination beyond the UNCW community.
- Encourage students who complete a DIS or Honors project to “take the next step” and present or publish results for an off-campus audience.
- Provide a benchmark measure of curricular and extracurricular activities related to undergraduate research for use in university planning, recruiting, public relations, etc.
- Students may qualify for recognition as UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARS by completing the criteria under both Category I (Preparation) and Category II (Dissemination).
- Students may qualify for recognition as DISTINGUISHED UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARS by completing Categories I and II, and also completing the criteria under Category III (Distinction).
- Record-keeping relies on student reporting, pending confirmation from faculty advisors and approval by CSURF board.
- Application for Recognition: There are two steps for application. First, all information related to presentations, publications, awards, etc, must be entered at the URI- Undergraduate Research Involvement site. Both students and faculty mentors have access to that site. Second, complete the UNCW Undergraduate Research Scholar Recognition Application.
- UNCW Undergraduate Research Scholars and Distinguished Undergraduate Research Scholars will be recognized annually.
(approved by the UNCW CSURF Board, April 2010)