GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRINTING (PLEASE READ!):
NOTE: No Poster Printing is available after Reading Day each semester.
1) Posters should be created using PowerPoint (see directions below). Files must be saved at .ppt or .pptx to be printed.
- When saving your poster, please use your first name_last name as the file name so we are able to keep track of your poster in our system.
- WHEN CREATING YOUR POSTER, YOUR FIRST PRIORITY IS TO SET THE SLIDE DIMENSIONS FOR YOUR POSTER. PRINTING REQUEST WILL BE DENIED UNTIL YOU SET YOUR DESIRED POSTER DIMENSIONS. REFER HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION. IF YOU WANT TO CREATE A MORE EFFECTIVE POSTER, CLICK HERE.
2) How long does it take to have your poster printed?
The short answer to this question is to allow as much time as possible! We print posters during our office hours (poster printing is not available over the weekends or school holidays), so please factor this into deciding when you need to submit your poster for timely printing.
- If you are requesting printing for a professional conference, we ask for two days notice (not including Saturday and Sunday).
- If you are requesting printing for a class assignment , we ask for 5-7 days notice
- Keep in mind that this impacts your assignment "due date", for example, if your assignment is due on a Friday, you will need to email your poster to CSURF by the Friday prior.
- Posters can be picked up in the Honors College office once you have received an email that it has been printed.
3) Check over your poster prior to submission!
- Please read all poster making guidelines below before starting your poster
- PROOFREAD! PROOFREAD! PROOFREAD! The file you submit is what we will print and we are only able to print a poster ONCE
- Check all photos and graphics for clarity (see below for instructions)
- Posters for class assignments are required to have white or very light colored backgrounds, NOT dark backgrounds.
- Make sure your name is on your poster
- Additional help can be found here, or contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions!
If you would like us to visit your class for a poster making workshop, please fill out the Workshop Request Form and email it to CSURF (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment. Click here to view the PowerPoint presentation from a recent workshop!
Laminating is no longer offered.
For questions about workshops or poster making/printing in general, please email: email@example.com