Fixed Assets Office
Fixed Assets maintains accurate and current data on movable equipment campus-wide, records and performs annual inventories, and provides the University departments with timely reports and information regarding their assets.
Definition of State Property
01 NCAC 43A .0102 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Chapter, the following definitions apply:
(5) "State-Owned" means in the possession of the State of North Carolina and purchased with State funds,
property donated to the State, or property purchased with other funds that give ownership of the property to the
And the authority to sell state property is in General Statute
§ 143-64.03. Powers and duties of the State agency for surplus property.
(a) The State Surplus Property Agency is authorized and directed to:
(1) Sell all supplies, materials, and equipment that are surplus, obsolete, or unused;
Fixed Assets Threshold
- Threshold for university equipment to be tracked in Banner as a fixed asset is $5000.00..
- Computers (PC's, laptops, and servers) that fall below $5000.00 are no longer tracked by Fixed Assets, but will be tracked by ITSD.
- See University Equipment for more information.
Equipment Account Codes
- Effective June 1, 2015, the equipment account codes have been revised to include federally procured equipment.
- See Equipment Account Codes for additional detail.
- Please note authorized signatures (department heads) are required on annual inventories.
The UNCW Fixed Assets Office is located in Hoggard Hall, Suite 149.
Parking available on Hamilton Drive, parking lots A or F.
UNC Wilmington, Fixed Assets Office
601 South College Road, Mail Code 5934
Wilmington, NC 28403-5934
Sharon Nalley, nalleys