Don't Believe the Hype!
FSA ID to Replace Federal Student Aid PIN
- The Department of Education will implement a new method for logging onto all student and borrower based websites May 10, 2015. The effected sites include FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS Student Access, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov and the TEACH Grant website. Users will select their own username and password. After implementation, the new FSA ID will be the only method for logging on to these sites, replacing the four-digit Federal Student Aid PIN. Beginning in mid-April, information about this transition will be posted on each of the impacted websites. There is nothing that students/borrowers will be required to do prior to the date of implementation. Students and borrowers that attempt to access the PIN website after April 26, 2015 will be directed to a link to register their new FSA ID.
PLUS Loan Entrance Counseling Requirement Effective March 29, 2015
- All graduate/professional and parent PLUS loan borrowers who have a determination of adverse credit history from the Department of Education, but who are later successful in the appeal of this determination, will be required to undergo special loan counseling prior to receiving their PLUS loans. This applies to all successful graduate/professional students and parents regardless of the method of the appeal. Those who were reconsidered based on extenuating circumstances or who obtained an endorser for the loan must complete the special counseling. This special counseling is separate from entrance counseling required of all borrowers. The Department of Education provides this additional counseling through www.studentloans.gov. UNCW cannot disburse loan proceeds to a student subject to this new requirement until we have received confirmation of its completion.
2015-2016 Scholarship Application Now Available Online
- The 2015-2016 Scholarship Application opened on February 1st. Students admitted to the university may access the application via SeaPort, the student portal. From the Student Services tab, click the "Apply for Scholarships" link in the left navigation pane. Scholarship Awards will be applied to the fall and spring semesters of the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Summer Hours Continue Office Hours Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday 8:30 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
- 3 Office Closed for Holiday
- 21 Last day Summer II classes
- 7 Summer Hours End
- 19 Fall Classes Begin