- Instructions for removing spyware and viruses from your computer: Spyware Removal handout (PDF)
- Details on spyware and viruses, including how to tell if your computer is infected here.
Download Your Antivirus Software
- View information on downloading free antivirus software here.
Safe Computing Info
View additional info on safe computing on our Be Safe site.
If you think you have a virus or spyware on your computer, we have a resource for you: Virus Clinics at the Technology Assistance Center (TAC).
What is a Virus Clinic?
The Technology Assistance Center (TAC) offers free virus clinics to all UNCW students. During this clinic you will learn how to remove viruses and spyware from your computer (you'll need to bring your computer with you), and you will also be given information on preventing viruses and spyware.
Questions to ask yourself before signing up:
- Does my computer boot?
- Have I tried to boot my computer into safe mode?
- If my computer boots into safe mode, can I control the mouse or touch pad on my computer?
If you answer "No" to any of these questions, please contact the TAC before signing up for a clinic.
When and where are the clinics held?
Clinics are held Sunday and Thursday evenings from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the TAC (Randall Library, 1039).
How do I sign up?
To sign up for a virus clinic, log into mySeaport, click on the Student Services tab, then click on the "Virus Clinic" link under the "Services" menu. If prompted for a username and password, use your full UNCW email address (with the @uncw.edu) and password. Click the "Click Here to Register" link and choose the clinic you would like to attend on the calendar.
Where do I get more information about these clinics?
Contact the Technology Assistance Center.