Getting Connected to the UNCW Wired Network
For the fastest available connection on campus, you will want to "plug-in" to the data port that is available in every residence hall room, most common areas and faculty/staff offices.
How to Connect to the Wired Network
Step 1: Plug into the Data Jack
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the data jack in the room and into the back of your computer. Note: Ethernet cables may be purchased from B1NAR1ES Technology Store.
Step 2: Fill Out the Registration Form
- Windows XP or above and Mac OS X will normally detect and install your Ethernet card and configure TCP/IP automatically:
- Start your computer and open an Internet browser (such as Internet Explorer or Safari).
- Surf to a non-UNCW related Web page to access the UNCW Network Registration page (This page may load automatically).
- Fill in all required fields and click the "Activate Adapter" button.
Step 3: Reboot your computer once you have filled out the form.
Need Help? Please call the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at 910-962-4357 (HELP) to make an appointment if you cannot successfully connect your computer to the network.