Cancellation Policy | PDF
Payment Plan | PDF
PADI Medical Statement | PDF
MarineQuest is pleased to announce that we will continue to use Aquatic Safaris & Diver’s Emporium for all dive training, instruction and travel.
dive hawks brochure
Dive Hawks | PDF
The MarineQuest staff is more than happy to pick-up and drop-off students at
Wilmington International Airport at no cost. An airline request form is required
(see above link for more details).
• Linens are provided - DO NOT bring sheets, pillows, and blankets.
• Laundry facilities are available at no cost - bring detergent
• No electronic equipment (other than cell phones) is allowed.
• You will receive a Welcome Packet with detailed information on what to bring after registering.
Dive Hawks Residential: Ages 14-17
Must have completed 8th grade and turn 14 by June 1st. Must not turn 18 before July 31st.
Prerequisite: (1)Students must obtain Divers Alert Network (DAN) insurance or equivalent diving coverage prior to program start date.(2) Ability to pass PADI swim test, including 10 minute float or tread in deep water and un-timed 200 meter/yard continuous surface swim.
Dive into the world beneath the sea with MarineQuest’s "deeply" rewarding Dive Hawks program. This week long dive intensive marine science experience will provide serious teen marine enthusiasts with an opportunity to earn their open water dive certification with which they will explore the ocean’s amazing aquatic life, beautiful artificial reefs and historical ship wrecks. Learn how SCUBA has changed the way marine scientists study the ocean through underwater research techniques. Explore the careers of an underwater archeologist, media diver, and scientific diver. Familiarize yourself with SCUBA equipment, diving techniques, and dive safety while gaining the skills needed to become a confident diver. Dive Hawks is more than just a way to get SCUBA certified, it is an opportunity to open your eyes to new depths in modern marine science!
Field excursions include:
- NC Underwater Archaeology Center; UNCW Center for Marine Science; Stone Tug Wreck, Old Dredge Wreck, Snorkel Excursion, Wrightsville Beach, and Kure Beach.
- Opportunity to earn your Open Water Diver Certification (includes three class sessions, two pool sessions, two confined water dives and two ocean dives); Enjoy an amazing 1:4 student to Dive Instructor / Dive Master ratio providing personal attention, increased safety, and training tips; Interaction with professional divers and learn about diving careers; Discussions on local marine life and local invasive species (Lion Fish); beach trips; boat trips and more…
Program Dates and Tuition
Day of Week:
|Sunday - Friday|
Friday pick up/final presentation at 12:30 p.m.
Staff / Student Ratio:
|Summer 2016 Dates:||
Session 1: June 12 - 17
Session 2: June 26 - July 1
Session 3: July 10 - 15
Session 4: July 24 - 29
* Tuition will include scuba equipment rental, wetsuit rental and all dives fees.
** Students will be responsible for bringing mask, snorkel and fins (may be purchased at program for a discounted rate through local dive shop)
You must register by 5:00 p.m. the Wednesday before your program is to begin.
To complete the teacher recommendation, please have your teacher click here to submit their recommendation.
Please Note: A completed application does not register you for your program. All applications will first be reviewed by the MarineQuest Staff and upon acceptance, you will receive an e-mail explaining the next step in the registration process.