Move-In 2014 Volunteer Information
- Sign-up to be a volunteer here! Deadline: August 11, 2014
Guaranteed t-shirt Deadline: Friday, June 6, 2014.
- Choose to Reuse: We are excited to announce the start of a sustainable Move-In! We will no longer provide single-use plastic water & Gatorade bottles during the event. Instead, we will have hydration stations where volunteers, students, and parents can refill their water bottles at every Residence Hall. So, take part in helping UNCW's goal of promoting sustainability and Bring Your Own REUSABLE Water Bottle (BYOWB) to Move-In 2014! For more information click here.
- Parking: Volunteers can park at the Parking Deck between 5:00 a.m & 3:30 p.m. on the date of Move-In, 8/16/2014. In addition, volunteers can also park in lots S, T, & EE. Volunteers are not allowed to park in any other parking lot as they’re all used for the families to park in that day when they move in their students. For parking locations please refer to the campus map found here.
- Check-in on the day of Move-In will start at 6:15 a.m. in Madeline Suite.
- Check-in for Fraternity and Sorority Life: Seahawk Village Clubhouse, starting at 6:15 a.m.
- You will receive your t-shirt and Move-In assignment when you arrive that morning.
- Breakfast will be served in Wagoner Dining Hall through 7:30 a.m.
- All volunteers need to be at their assigned location by 7:30 a.m.
- Be ready to work the entire event, 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Our incoming freshmen are counting on us!! Please be flexible - Some of you may be asked to move to other locations throughout the morning depending on the need of other locations.
- Early Move-In: If you are a current student living on campus this coming academic year, you may request early move-in for Friday, August 15. To do so, you must complete the online survey, available here. If you do not complete this survey, there is the chance you won’t get to move-in early. For more information on this topic please direct your questions directly to Housing and Residence Life at 910-962-3241.
- You will be given a lunch ticket later in the day, so feel free to stay for lunch in Wag.
- Watch the weather reports – typically it’s very hot on this day. We will provide water and snacks throughout the day, but be prepared with sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, etc.