The UNCWelcome Back is a time when we welcome our new and returning students back to campus! We strive to provide fun and entertaining programs that will remind you why you chose UNCW to be your "home away from home". Come on out and celebrate the new year and the new semester with us!
UNCWelcome Back Schedule
UNCWelcome Back will be from January 7 to January 12, 2015
Wednesday, January 7th
- First Year Spring Admit Social from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Meet your fellow first-year Seahawks who are taking flight in the spring semester. Resident Assistants in the first-year areas will host a social with games and refreshments. Meet in your residence hall lobby at 7:00p.m. Sponsored by Housing and Residence Life.
- Transfer Student Social from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Join with your fellow new transfer students for a relaxing night before orientation. Resident Assistants will host a social with games and refreshments in the Seahawk Village Clubhouse. Sponsored by Housing and Residence Life.
Thursday, January 8th
- Trivia Night from 6:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. Join fellow Seahawks for a trivia night unlike any other. Bring your own team or join one when you get there. Show off your knowledge and win fabulous prizes. Located in Hawk's Nest, Fisher University Union. Sponsored by UNCWeekends.
- Men's Basketball UNCW vs. Delaware starting at 7:00p.m. Show your spirit and support the men's basketball team in Trask Coliseum. Pick up your tickets early at the Information Desk located across from the Bookstore in Fisher Student Center. Don't forget your One Card. Sponsored by UNCW Athletics.
Friday, January 9th
- Women's Basketball UNCW vs. Charleston starting at 11:30 a.m. Show your spirit and support the women's basketball team in Trask Coliseum. Pick up your tickets early at the Information Desk located across from the Bookstore in Fisher Student Center. Don't forget your One Card. Sponsored by UNCW Athletics in Trask Coliseum
- Knot Your Average Yoga Event from 3:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. Start the semester off with a stress-reducing session of basic yoga and meditation. Bring your own mat or use one provided, no experience needed! Join your fellow "Yogis" afterward for healthy snacks in Warwick Ballroom. Sponsored by the UNCW Yoga Club.
- Movie: Pitch Perfect from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Get caught up on your Pitch Perfect knowledge as Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition. Movie showings will be in Lumina Theater on the first floor of the Fisher Student Center. Don't forget your One Card. Sponsored by UNCWeekends.
Saturday, January 10th
- Swim Meet UNCW vs. Campbell starting at 11:00a.m. Show your spirit and support the swim in New Hanover gym. Don't forget your One Card. Sponsored by UNCW Athletics.
- Shopping at Mayfaire from 1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m. Catch the trolley starting at 1:00 p.m. and running approximately every 20 minutes from the Teal Terminal located outside of Hawk's Nest in the Fisher University Union to Mayfaire Shopping Center. Spend a few hours shopping and learning about the Wilmington community. Check out Mayfaire's stores here. Sponsored by Auxiliary Services.
- Screamin' Seahawks pre-game warm up from 6:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. Get painted up in the University Colors of Teal, Gold and Navy and get a free UNCW wristband and head over to the basketball game with one of the most spirited group of students on campus, The Screamin' Seahawks! Learn chants, cheers, history and traditions. This event is sure to be a good time! Located at the Clock Tower Commons and sponsored by the Flyest Flock of the Screamin’ Seahawks.
- Men's Basketball UNCW vs. Drexel starting at 7:00p.m.Show your spirit and support the men's basketball team in Trask Coliseum. Pick up your tickets early at the Information Desk located across from the Bookstore in Fisher Student Center. Don't forget your One Card. Sponsored by UNCW Athletics.
Sunday, January 11th
- Climbing Wall Event from 5:00p.m. to 7:00p.m. Whether you are an advanced climber or have never tried a climbing wall before, here is your chance! Challenge yourself with the Student Recreation Center's 28-foot climbing Wall located in the Student Rec Center. Sponsored by Campus Recreation.
- Open Mic Night from 6:00p.m. to 8:00p.m Calling all musicians, comedians and poets to ACE's spring kick-off of Open Mic Night! Don't have musical talent? Join in supporting your fellow Seahawks show off their talents and have a fun evening Wagoner Hall. Sponsored by the Association of Campus Entertainment (ACE).
- Dive-In Movie, "Pirates of the Caribbean; The Curse of the Black Pearl" from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. Put on your suit, grab your towel and head on down to the indoor pool at the Student Rec Center! Enjoy floating around on inflatable pool toys and get ready for Blacksmith Will Turner to team up with eccentric pirate "Captain" Jack Sparrow to save his love, the governor's daughter, from Jack's former pirate allies, who are now undead. Sponsored by Campus Recreation.
Monday, January 12th
- Spring Involvement Fair from 4:00p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Start off your semester by getting involved and connected! Meet student leaders from over 60 student organizations, just a portion of the 280 student organizations at UNCW. Enjoy give-aways, a photo booth, hot chocolate, desserts and "go sit in the inflatable chair and hangout in the Warwick Ballroom. Look for "Teal Clues" around campus for your chance to win a free t-shirt or USB car charger. Click here for a comprehensive list of all of our organizations! Check us out on Facebook or Twitter @UNCWCAIC Sponsored by Campus Activities & Involvement Center.
- Group Exercise Extravaganza from 5:00p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Start your semester off right with a rockin’ workout with Seahawk Fitness! Bring your friends and experience all the fun Group X has to offer. Drop in or stay a while and you’ll have the chance to win priceless Seahawk Fitness swag. Join your fellow Seahawks in the Student Rec Center. Sponsored by Campus Recreation.
- Cycling Kickoff from 7:00p.m. to 8:00p.m. Come on out to the Student Rec Center for our Cycling Kickoff! Enjoy taking an indoor cycling class with other fellow Seahawks. It’s a great way to keep those muscles in shape while having fun! Sponsored by Campus Recreation.
Tuesday, January 13th
- TEAL TUESDAY KICK-OFF! Don’t forget to wear your Teal for the first Teal Tuesday of the semester! Join in with other fellow Seahawks in wearing your Teal attire all day long to show your school spirit!
- Teal Tie Dying from 11:30a.m. to 1:00p.m. Join your fellow Seahawks at Hawk’s Nest for music, fun and tie dying. Get ready for Teal Tuesdays all semester long! Bring your own item or use one of the free T-shirts available on site at the Clock Tower Commons. Sponsored by the Association of Campus Entertainment (ACE).
Wednesday, January 14th
- Preferred Parking Comedy Tour from 7:00p.m. to 8:30 p.m. One twitch, one stutter, one funny friendship! Preferred Parking Comedy Tour turns the challenges of being disabled into gold. Together Samuel J Comroe and Drew Lynch bring you an amazing comedy show that will sincerely make you laugh and rethink the word “Handy-Capped” located in the Burney Center. Sponsored by the Association of Campus Entertainment (ACE).
Thursday, January 15th
- Bienvenida for Spring Freshmen and Transfer Student from 3:00p.m. to 5:00p.m. Centro Hispano is welcoming all students to connect with the friendly Centro Hispano staff and meet some of the greatest students on campus. Learn how to get involved, have fun and access the countless resources available through the office. Take the time to visit the center where you can utilize computers and printers while you work or relax with a book or a movie from the Hispanic cultural library. There will be great music, great food and a chance to raise your heritage country’s flag! in Centro Hispano, Fisher University Union. Sponsored by Centro Hispano.
- Boseman Art Gallery Opening, "Black Mountain College; Avant-Garde Art and Literature in NC" starting at 5:30p.m. The Black Mountain College exhibit celebrates the history of avant-garde art and literature produced at Black Mountain College, the experimental school founded in 1933 by John Andrew Rice. It features a variety of work--paintings, collage, photography, literary broadsides and theatrical playbills--by the school's illustrious faculty and alumni, including Josef Albers, Ruth Asawa, Charles Olson, Arthur Penn and Emerson Woelffer. Looking for arts, culture and photography without leaving campus? Look no further! Attend the opening in the Boseman Art Gallery, Fisher University Union. Co-Sponsored by the Association of Campus Entertainment (ACE) and the Department of English.
- UNCWelcome Back Bingo from 7:00p.m. to 9:00p.m. You haven't experienced BINGO until you have joined us for this amazing night of fun, prizes and random things in your pocket! None of this make sense? Oh... it will..... Swipe yourself into Wag and then play for free. Your life will never be the same. Win cool prizes, t-shirts, and more! Sponsored by UNCWeekends.
Friday, January 16th
- Men's Ice Hockey UNCW vs. NC State starting at 10:00p.m. Support Men's Ice Hockey as the club team place NC State. Admission is $5.00 for UNCW students with One Card or $6.00 for the general public at the Ogden Ice House. Sponsored by the UNCW Ice Hockey Club.
Tuesday, January 20th - 23rd
- Global Prints Poster Fair from 9a.m. to 5:00p.m. Don't miss this opportunity to decorate your room or apartment with the expansive array of posters from which to choose. Make your space go from bland to brilliant! Designs range from classic to outrageous. Sposored by the Campus Activities & Involvement Center.
Questions about any of the events above? Contact the Campus Activities & Involvement Center at 962-3553 or visit us in Room 2029 of the Fisher Student Center.