- International Overview
- Requirements for Freshmen
- Requirements for Transfers
- Non-Degree Seeking International Admissions
- English Proficiency
- Visas & Documentation
- Financial Considerations
- Deadlines & Applying
- Contact Information
- What can I do with a major in?
- Conditional Admission
- Next Steps for Admitted International Students
Conditional Admission to UNCW
UNCW offers conditional admission to international students pursuing an English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Students must still meet all the requirements of an international first-year or transfer applicant, but can qualify for conditional admission through completing the steps below.
- Send all official, translated transcripts to UNCW Office of Admissions for all completed coursework (college, high school, secondary school, etc.)
- Achieve a 2.50 or higher GPA on a U.S. 4.0 scale
A student can request a conditional admit letter (CAL) before they apply. Determination of when to apply to UNCW will depend on the student's progress in an ESL program. Conditional admission does not guarantee a student's admission into the major of their choice. A CAL guarantees admission to UNCW if a student meets all admission requirements. For some majors, the student will then have to apply if that major requires a separate application after completing University Studies.
Students typically interested in pursuing conditional admission do so primarily for visa processing purposes. All TOEFL/IELTS scores must be sent to UNCW directly from the testing center.
For questions concerning undergraduate CAL contact Jessie Heim, firstname.lastname@example.org,