Military Admission - Active-Duty & Veterans
Any active duty or military veteran who has served at least two years is eligible to apply using the Military Admission process outlined below.
To watch a brief webinar highlighting the Military Admission process, click here.
Admission Process & Requirements
- Apply as a transfer student online using SeaLevel by the published application deadlines. Complete and submit the application, essay and application fee.
(The application fee will be waived for all active-duty military applicants. When completing the payment portion of the application please select "pay by check" and follow the directions to request a fee waiver.)
- Application Deadlines:
Summer & Fall - March 1
The application deadline has been extended. UNCW will continue to accept applications and issue decisions on a space available basis. Apply Today!
Spring - October 15
Admission for the spring term is extremely limited. The Office of Admissions will announce by September 21 if applications will be accepted and considered for the spring semester.
- Request official high school and college transcripts (if applicable) be mailed to:
UNCW Office of Admissions
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5904
It is the applicant's responsibility to request that the registrar or administrative office for each institution they have attended sends an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions.
SAT and/or ACT scores are not required.
If you are under the age of 24 you must have completed the state of North Carolina Board of Governors high school minimum course requirements (MCR) to be considered for admission. Click for more inforomation on MCR. If you do not meet these requirements please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions to discuss alternate options for admission.
- Request military transcripts be sent to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts can be requested online for all branches of the service:
Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy & Marine Corps
- Questions regarding the admission process may be directed to Amanda Parkstone at 910.962.2550. You may also want to watch a brief webinar highlighting the Military Admission process.
Military Degree Completion Program Candidates
There are several degree completion programs offered through the various branches of the armed services. They include, but are not limited to:
- Marine SNCO Degree Completion Program
- Navy Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program (MECP)
- Army Medical Department Enlisted Commissioning Program (AECP)
- Army Degree Completion Program
If you are applying to participate in any of these programs and have
specific deadlines for submission of a letter of acceptance, transfer
credit evaluation, and/or program of study from UNCW:
1. Contact Amanda Parkstone by phone 910.962.2550 approximately six to eight weeks prior to the military program deadline to discuss program details and UNCW procedures.
2. Submit your application and all required supporting documents (essay, high school transcript, military transcript, college transcripts, etc.) to UNCW at least four to six weeks prior to the military program deadline.