SEAHAWK PREVIEW DAY- April 18, 2015
Registration is not yet available. We anticipate opening registration in mid-March for accepted students.
All Accepted first year and transfer students are invited to attend the UNC Wilmington's spring visit program, Seahawk Preview Day.
Discover the academic and experiential opportunities that await you as a member of the Seahawk community. Since visiting the campus is the best way for students to get a true feel of the university and its programs, we hope you will join us!
Refer to the column on the right to find out how to get your invitation and register.
Schedule & Sessions
Check-in will take place in Trask Coliseum beginning at 8:00 am. We will host a formal welcome session from 8:45 to 9:15, but registration will remain open until 11:15 for those who do not wish to attend the morning welcome.
At Check in you will receive your registration packet including your detailed schedule, campus maps, and other materials.
A variety of sessions will be available to allow you to learn more about different aspects of academic and campus life at UNCW. Examples include:
- a sample, "Master Class" taught by a UNCW professor
- panelists from several student service departments discussing life on campus and expectations
- an academic and student services fair with representatives from every academic department and many student services
- current UNCW students discussing student life and involvement
- Campus and select Residence Hall tours
- ... and many more!
Seahawk Preview Day is designed to allow families to select sessions that are most important to them throughout the day. You are encouraged to divide and conquer as you see fit. A more detailed schedule will be available online in Mid-March to assist families in planning their visit.
Tips & What to Expect at Seahawk Preview Day
Before you arrive, be sure you have prepared to spend your morning and afternoon on-campus. Here are some pointers which will help you enjoy your stay:
- Dress Comfortably -- rooms may be warmer or cooler than the temperature outside, be prepared for a rain shower, and wear comfortable shoes (you will be walking throughout the campus).
- Eat Breakfast -- light refreshments and beverages will be available during the day, however, lunch will not be provided due to the strict schedule of events we must adhere to. Several dining locations on-campus will be open. Many local restaurants will also be offering discounts with your schedule on Saturday and Sunday.
- Carpool -- we are expecting a large crowd, you are encouraged to carpool, if possible.
- Come Prepared -- pay close attention to the confirmation e-mail you receive! Bring your id number, e-mail address and other information with you. Plan to bring spending money, a checkbook (or MasterCard) to pay for enrollment, housing, and orientation fees and deposits.
- Suggested Hotels - for a list of suggested hotels, please click here.
If you have additional questions about Seahawk Preview Day, please call the Admissions office at (910) 962-3243 or email us at email@example.com(Subject: Seahawk Preview Day).