Facts & Figures
Enrollment Summary (approximate)
2014-2015 Total Student Budget
|COST PER ACADEMIC YEAR
(Fall & Spring Semesters)
|Books & Supplies*||$1,030||$1,030|
|Loan Origination fee||$64||$64|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE||$21,308||$35,336|
The Board of Governors of the University of North Carolina
reserves the right to adjust these charges without prior notice.
* - estimated cost
+ - All NC public university students are required to have health insurance. The cost noted above is for those students who do not currently have health insurance; students with existing health insurance coverage may opt out of this charge.
Fall 2013 Accepted First-Year Student Statistics
- Middle 50% GPA: 3.80-4.33 (weighted)
- Middle 50% SAT (critical reading and math sub-sections only): 1130-1250
- Middle 50% SAT Writing: 530-620
- Middle 50% Total: 1670-1870
- Middle 50% ACT Composite (ACT with Writing score required): 24-28
- Middle 50% ACT Writing: 22-27
On average, the UNCW Office of Admission receives nearly 13,000 applications for 1,950 first-year spaces in the fall. Additionally, approximately 150 first-year students are offered spring admission through the First-Year Spring Admit (FYSA) program.
Fall 2013 Accepted Transfer Student Statistics
- Average Cumulative GPA - 3.15 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Average Transferable Semester Hours - 48
On average, the UNCW Office of Admission receives approximately 3,500 applications (fall and spring semesters combined) for approximately 1,500 transfer spaces per academic year.