The Impact of Your Gifts
UNCW is incredibly thankful for the 10,422 donors who contributed more than $5.2 million during the 2012-2013 academic year. More importantly though is how these donors are making a difference in the lives of others by providing funding for:
- Undergraduate research that has led to non-lethal ways to sustain our nation's fisheries
- Specialized software like the Bloomberg terminals that are preparing a generation of ethical business leaders
- Hands-on learning experiences nursing students need to become quality, caring health-care providers
- Community partnerships that give students the opportunity to enhance their skills while serving at-risk youth, preventing obesity, and giving those with disabilities a sense of freedom
Unrestricted gifts to the UNCW Fund enable the university to take on new opportunities, strengthen existing programs and meet immediate needs. For example:
- The Publishing Lab sent 3 interns and MFA students to the National Book Awards Ceremony in New York City. Read more about their exciting experience in an article by Star News.
- The Cameron School of Business was able to host the Cameron Executive Network Speaker series in which experienced executives from around the world provided a unique teaching platform.
- Six scholarships were awarded to students based on academic merit, need and contribution to inclusive excellence at UNCW.