Planning an Event at UNCW
Each and every time students, parents, visitors, board members or donors attend an event at UNCW, they should feel special and walk away with a sense of Seahawk pride. We want all events at UNCW to be special and memorable. The Office of Donor Relations is here to assist you in making your event have that special Seahawk spirit.
The Office of Donor Relations serves as a source of information, advice and expertise on planning an event at UNCW. We strive to assist all departments on campus to plan and execute events that highlight and showcase the best of UNCW. We provide event planning services and protocol expertise to the campus community in order to create events with a standard of quality.
When you are ready to plan your next event, please visit our Event Resource Guide page to find useful tips and tools to ensure you have all the resources you need for a successful event.
Our office provides a full range of services including:
Event Management and Consultation
- Conceptualize and design events
- Develop proposals, budgets and timelines
- Coordinate event logistics
- Create programming
- Identify audiences and develop marketing strategies
- Recommend vendors and on-campus event venues
- Advise on event-related university policies and procedures
- Support ceremonies of campus-wide significance such as groundbreakings, dedications, important anniversaries and commemorations
- Advise on academic, social and business protocol and forms of address
- Alert campus departments of dignitary/VIP visitors to campus
- Liaison to the Chancellor's Office on event-related matters
Printed Materials Review
- Review and advise on event-related printed material copy and design including invitations, save-the-date cards, programs, and commemorative language on plaques and awards
- Review all printed materials for events involving the Chancellor