Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society
Fall 2016 Lambda Alpha Application Deadline:
October 5, 2016
- 3.3 UNCW GPA/3.5 Anthropology GPA
- Junior status (60 hrs or more)
- 12 hours in anthropology at UNCW at the 200 level or higher
- At least one UNCW Anthropology course at the 300 level or higher.
*Membership is open twice a year, Fall and Spring.
What to submit?
- A printout of your transcript from Seanet
- A letter of interest that includes your name, address, phone or e-mail address, and GPA in both Anthropology and overall.
Where to submit?
Please submit all application materials to Dr. Reber or the Anthropology department office by 5 PM on March 11, 2016.
Benefits of Membership
- Be part of an elite UNCW and national community of students
- Wear honors regalia at commencement ceremony, and receive Honors recognition at graduation
- Enjoy an intimate induction meal with faculty
- Publish undergraduate research in the Lambda Alpha Journal
- Receive the Lambda Alpha Journal, published for members only.
- Enhance your resume for graduate schools and employment
- Enables you to apply for the national $5000 Lambda Alpha Scholarship every spring.
Fall 2016 SCHOLARSHIP applications for Lambda Alpha
Deadline: October 5, 2016
$5,000 scholarship opportunity!
- Current Lambda Alpha member
- Eligible graduating senior by end of the academic year (Spring/Summer 2016)
Materials to submit:
- A letter of nomination from the department stating candidate is applying for the National Scholarship
- Curriculum vita
- An unofficial copy of applicant's transcript (via Seanet)
- Two letters of recommendation - one from a professional anthropologist
- A statement of future professional plans (one page or less, single spaced)
- Sample of your professional writing (a publication or course paper)
- co-authored publications/contract archaeological reports not acceptable
- 30-page maximum, should be "article length"
-submit sample in pdf on CD, flash drive, or printed copy
Where to submit?
Please submit all application materials to Dr. Reber or the Anthropology department office in OS 1018E
by 5PM on October 5, 2016.
For more information, please contact email@example.com