UNCW Onslow Extension Site Open House Oct. 25
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The UNCW Onslow Extension Site will hold its Fall 2012 Open House for area residents, including those residing at MCB Camp Lejeune on Thursday, Oct 25.
The open house will offer qualified students an opportunity to apply and be accepted into one of the university's undergraduate programs on the same day. Applications will be accepted for undergraduate programs at both the Onslow extension site and the main campus in Wilmington.
Those applying must meet transfer admission requirements. The UNCW Onslow Extension Site offers undergraduate and graduate programs. Undergraduate programs include: B.A. Criminology, B.A. Elementary Education, B.S. Business Administration, B.S. Clinical Research, accelerated B.S. Nursing, B.S.W. Social Work, Early Childhood Add-On Licensure, and Elementary Education Teacher Licensure.
Two Oct. 25 Open House Sessions:
- A morning session will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at the John A. Lejeune Education Center on Stone Street, room 301, aboard Camp Lejeune.
- Onslow County residents who do not have base access or would like to attend later in the day can stop by Coastal Carolina Community College in the Continuing Education Building room 103 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
In order for prospective students to receive a decision on acceptance on Thursday, Oct. 25, they must do the following:
- Complete the UNCW application and essay online prior to
- Bring official transcripts to the Open House - high school/GED, college/university and military (if applicable)
- Pay a non-refundable $60 application fee. Payments can be made by credit/debit card during the application process or a check/money order can be submitted on the day of the event.
Students who are not ready to apply, but would like more information are encouraged to attend the event as well. Academic advisors for each program offered in Onslow County will be available to answer questions and give guidance on the application and transfer process.