- Application for Tuition Waiver or Benefit and Fee Waiver (HR 4.10)
- Staff Tuition Waivers
- Textbook Check-out form
UNCW Faculty/Staff Textbook Scholarship Program
The Textbook Scholarship Program allows eligible UNCW employees to borrow required textbook(s) from the UNCW Bookstore for undergraduate or graduate classes taken by tuition benefit or fee waiver. The benefit is for used textbooks – new textbooks are provided only if used textbooks are not available. The program permits the use of required textbook(s) for two courses per academic year, and one course for each summer session.
The Textbook Scholarship covers all textbook(s) only for the class or classes listed on the approved tuition benefit or fee waiver form.
To participate in the Textbook Scholarship Program, employees must apply by completing and submitting the following documents:
- A completedTextbook Scholarship Application (application is also available at Auxiliary Services)
- A completed and approved Application for Tuition Waiver or Benefit and Fee Waiver (HR 4.10) (All permanent UNCW employees (working 30+ hours per week) participating in TSERS or ORP retirement systems are eligible for a tuition waiver for two courses during the academic year (fall and spring) at UNCW and other branches of the UNC system. A similar ‘Tuition Benefit’ is available for one course for each summer session at UNCW. For more information: Staff Tuition Wavers)
- A copy of your class schedule.
- Submit the documents either in person to the Auxiliary Services front desk, by campus mail to campus mailbox 5936, Attention: Faculty/Staff Textbook Scholarship, or by e-mail to FAStextbooks@uncw.edu.
(Please be aware that the mail service will not be in operation while the campus is closed.)
- Application documents will be accepted until the end of drop/add for Fall & Spring semesters, and until the first day of Summer I class for both Summer I & Summer II session participation. Depending on class enrollment numbers and the demand for textbook(s) they cannot be guaranteed to be promptly available.
To receive your textbooks, stop by the bookstore to select the required textbooks once you have been notified that all paperwork has been received. The funds for the textbooks will be put onto an account at the bookstore. Once you have selected your textbooks:
- Let the cashier know that you have a Faculty/Staff textbook scholarship and present your UNCW ID card to the cashier.
- Complete the Textbook Check-Out Form and submit it electronically, or by e-mail to FAStextbooks@uncw.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return your textbooks, complete the Textbook Check-In Form and either submit this electronically, or place the form inside one of the textbooks and return them in the drop box on the first floor of the bookstore. If the books are not returned by the end of finals, you will be charged the price of the book(s).
If you have any questions about the Textbook Scholarship Program, please contact Megan Allred at email@example.com or 910-962-7145.