News and Information
Memberships may be purchased during office hours only.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Guest and Alumni
Daily Guest Passes
Valid picture ID required and sponsorship from current student, faculty or staff member.
Daily Alumni Pass
Student Rec Center: 910-962-3261
Campus Rec Office: 910-962-7443
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Weatherline: 910-962-7246
- UNCW students are members of the SRC during sessions in which they are enrolled, upon payment of student fees.
- Student must have a valid, working UNC One card. New and Temporary cards
may be obtained through Auxiliary Services. Students without an ID have the
- Prior to 5pm, go to Auxiliary Services and request a temporary ID
- Return home to retrieve ID
- Be sponsored as a guest, and purchase a $5 guest past.
- Membership is a privilege that may be modified or revoked at the discretion of the Department of Campus Recreation and the University.
- All memberships are non-transferable.
- Alumni may purchase a guest pass without a sponsor upon presenting a valid UNC One Alumni ID. Alumni are only able to sponsor themselves and not an additional guest.
- An Alumni ID card can be purchased from Auxiliary Services. An ID form must
be completed with Auxiliary Services and requires a $20.00 fee. This fee is paid
to Auxiliary Services only. Campus Recreation does not receive any funds from
- Once an ID is obtained, an application must be completed in the Campus Recreation office, located in the Student Recreation Center.
- Alumni graduating between now and Spring 2009 are eligible to purchase a membership. Alumni graduated prior to Spring 2009 are eligible to only purchase a summer membership.
- Please see office for pricing and details.
- An Alumni ID card is necessary at time of application. Payment options include cash or check.
The following university employees are currently eligible for membership to
the SRC as a university-sponsored privilege:
- Permanent faculty/staff
- Part-time faculty/staff
- Temporary (with valid ID and verified length of employment from supervisor)
To ensure ID activation, faculty and staff who desire
access to the Student Recreation Center are asked to opt in to have their ID
activated. Staff can visit the Campus Recreation
office in the SRC to complete enrollment forms or complete the
above Membership Application and User Agreement and forward to the Campus
Recreation Office mail box # 5923.
Once an application and user agreement have been completed. These employees need only to present their current staff ID card for access. This access is sponsored at the university level on an annual basis. It is subject to change. It is not a state benefit guaranteed with employment. Faculty/Staff without an ID have the following options:
- Prior to 5 p.m. go to Auxiliary Services and request a temporary ID
- Return home to retrieve ID
- Be sponsored as a guest and purchase a $5 guest past.
Spouse or domestic partner of permanent or retired employees are eligible for membership to use the SRC. The SRC does not provide for memberships to dependent children or other family members.
To purchase a membership a dependent ID card must be purchased from Auxiliary Services ($20). Auxiliary Services Spouse/Domestic Partner/Dependent Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining an ID for family members.
Once an ID is obtained an application must be completed in the Campus Recreation office located in the SRC. Campus Recreation Membership Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining a membership for their spouse/domestic partner.
Spouse/Partner Full Year
August 1 – July 31
Spouse/Partner Fall Semester
August 1 – December 31
Spouse/Partner Spring Semester
January 1 – May 31
Spouse/Partner Academic Year
August 1 – May 31
June 1 – July 31
Above membership prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
Payment options include cash, check, UNCW One card, or $30 monthly payroll deduction for month end employees.
- Children under the age of 17 may not use the SRC from 5 p.m. Sunday through 4 p.m. Friday during the academic year due to the high volume of usage by our currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. Children are considered guests of members and must abide by the guest policy.
- Family days are from 4 p.m. Friday through 5 p.m. Sunday (during the academic year), University breaks and summer sessions. Members may purchase a guest pass for children under 17 during these times to use the SRC.
- Members are responsible for supervising children at all times. That individual must supervise the child during his or her stay at the facility according to the rules for each activity area. Children may not be left at the desk or other areas for staff to monitor.
- Members are expected to be familiar with the age restrictions posted in each activity area of the SRC.
- An Informed Consent form must be completed by the parent for each child. If the parent is not accompanying the child, the Informed Consent form must be completed by the parent and guardian/sponsor prior to arrival to the SRC.