News and Information
Memberships may be purchased during office hours only.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Guest and Alumni
Daily Guest Passes
Valid picture ID required and sponsorship from current student, faculty or staff member.
Daily Alumni Pass
Student Rec Center: 910-962-3261
Campus Rec Office: 910-962-7443
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Weatherline: 910-962-7246
To utilize the Student Recreation Center, members must have a valid UNCW One Card. If you do not have your one card your options are:
- Retrieve your UNCW One Card
- Be sponsored as a guest, and purchase a $5 guest pass
- (must have valid picture ID (i.e., drivers license)).
- Mon-Fri, prior to 4:30 p.m., go to Auxiliary Services and purchase a replacement ID.
- UNCW students are members of the SRC during sessions in which they are enrolled, upon payment of student fees.
- Student must have a valid, working UNCW One card. Students without an ID have the following options:
- Membership is a privilege that may be modified or revoked at the discretion of the Department of Campus Recreation and the University.
- All memberships are non-transferable.
The following university employees are currently eligible for membership to
the SRC as a university-sponsored privilege:
- Permanent faculty/staff
- Part-time faculty/staff
- Temporary (with valid ID and verified length of employment from supervisor)
To ensure ID activation, faculty and staff who desire
access to the Student Recreation Center are asked to opt in to have their ID
activated. Staff can visit the Campus Recreation
office in the SRC to complete enrollment forms or complete the
above Membership Application and User Agreement and forward to the Campus
Recreation Office mail box # 5923.
Once an application, user agreement and informed consent form have been completed. These employees need only to present their current staff ID card for access. This access is sponsored at the university level on an annual basis. It is subject to change. It is not a state benefit guaranteed with employment.
These individuals are eligible for membership to use the SRC. The SRC does not allow these individuals to purchase memberships for dependent children or other family members.
Permanent or retired employees may have their spouses membership payroll ducted monthly.
- To purchase a membership a dependent ID card must be purchased from Auxiliary Services ($20). Auxiliary Services Spouse/Dependent Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining an ID for family members.
- Once an ID is obtained an application must be completed in the Campus Recreation office located in the SRC. Campus Recreation Membership Policy requires the UNCW employee to be present when obtaining a membership for their spouse.
Full Year: August 1 – July 31
Fall Semester: August 1 – Mid December
Spring Semester: January 1 – May 31
|Academic Year: August 1 - May 31||$300.00|
Summer: May 1 – July 31
Above membership prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
Payment options include cash, check, credit card (visa/mastercard) UNCW One card, or monthly payroll deduction.
- Members are responsible for supervising their guests at all times.
- Members of the SRC may sponsor guests for $5.00 per guest per visit (max 2 guests per visit)
- Members must actively supervise their child during their stay at the facility. Children may not be left at the desk or other areas for staff to monitor.
- Family days are from 4:00pm Friday through 5:00pm Sunday (during the
- During university breaks and summer sessions family hours are extended to all open facility hours.
- Children under the age of 17 may not use the SRC from 5:00pm Sunday through 4:00pm Friday during the academic year due to the high volume of usage by our currently enrolled students, faculty and staff.
- Members may purchase a guest pass for children under 17 during these times to use the SRC for $5.00 per guest per visit (max 2 guests).
- Members are expected to be familiar with the age restrictions posted in each activity area of the SRC.
- An Informed Consent form (PDF) must be completed by the parent for each child. If the parent is not accompanying the child, the Informed Consent form must be completed by the parent and guardian/sponsor prior to arrival to the SRC.
Alumni may purchase a guest pass without a sponsor upon presenting a valid UNCW Alumni One Card. Alumni are only able to sponsor themselves and not an additional guest.
An Alumni One Card may be purchased from Auxiliary Services. An ID form must be completed with Auxiliary Services and requires a $20.00 fee. This fee is paid to Auxiliary Services only. Campus Recreation does not receive any funds from this fee.
- For Annual/ Summer membership options please contact the Student Recreation Center Main Office at 910.962.7443