Mission Economic Development Agency
Mission Economic Development Agency - Building on its 38-year history, MEDA is advancing innovative approaches to asset development. Its efforts are focused on serving low-income, Spanish-speaking San Franciscans. While much of our capacity is dedicated to providing direct services, we also devote resources to research and analysis, community organizing and policy develop and advocacy. In the process, MEDA is helping to develop best practices in the field.
Job Description Overview – The Partnerships Coordinator will play an important role in building the sustainability of MEDA’s national technology project, the Latino Tech Net. This Broadband Technology Opportunities Funded (BTOP) three –year project is bringing technology access and training to low and moderate income Latino communities in ten states nationwide, at 19 computer labs. MEDA is the project manager for the LTN, in partnership with the National Association of Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) of San Antonio, and numerous other community based organization partners. Specifically, this position will be focused on partnership development, prospect research, strategic planning for sustainability, and fundraising for connecting asset development and financial services to technology. This includes partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies both locally in San Francisco, and nationwide.
Time Allocation- For this full time (40 hours per week) position, 80% of time will be spent on partnership development, strategic planning, and prospect research; while 20% of time will be spent on fundraising.
The Partnerships Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Partnership Development, Strategic Planning, Prospect Research (80% Time, 32 hours per week)
- Research technology companies in the Bay Area and nationwide, and create and implement strategic plan to build relationships with MEDA and partner non-profits
- Develop opportunities in technology companies for clients of asset-building organizations to gain internships, work experience, and networking
- Create pathways for technology company employees to become involved in asset-building in Latino communities through volunteerism
- Develop partnerships with local, state and national government, to encourage partnership and in-kind support of the sustainability of the Latino Tech Net and other technology initiatives that benefit Latino asset-building organizations
- Develop mutually beneficial opportunities for tech companies to bring their products to low-income, Spanish-speaking communities
- Research technology programs/applications with specific use in low-income Spanish speaking communities and develop pathways for these communities to benefit from emerging technologies
- Contribute to implementation of all strategies for all partnership development efforts to support the organization's general operations.
- Contribute to grants management activities, ensuring outcomes and deliverables are met in tandem with program staff.
- Work closely with finance staff to ensure reconciliation of all contributed income and tracking of revenue, pledges and gifts.
- Develop and enhance MEDA’s relationships with key constituencies via networking, public speaking, and other relationship-building activities.
Fundraising (20% time, 8 hrs per week)
- Identify prospects and work with the Director of Development and other MEDA staff to cultivate and solicit prospects for support.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Staff and Program Leads on all program-related grant writing and solicitations.
- Work collaboratively with LTN partners nationwide on geographically specific grant requests.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of all foundation, corporate, and individual donor fundraising efforts.
Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with successful track record of raising funds.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Substantial experience designing and implementing comprehensive fundraising plans for a variety of funding streams including major gifts, corporate, foundation, government and annual giving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage staff and board in solicitation and cultivation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and deliver persuasive and clear written and verbal communications,
- Strong presentation skills.
- The ability to develop and understand program and organizational budgets.
- Masters degree in related field preferred.
- Experience using social networking tools to reach potential supporters
- Experience in and knowledge of the high tech industry a plus
- Experience working in low income and/or Latino communities a plus
- Past experience with sales and marketing efforts a plus
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
If interested, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org