Mission of Latino Alliance
The mission of the Latino Alliance of Southeastern North Carolina is to build a stronger network among people and organizations that serve the Hispanic/Latino community in the region, and to empower local citizens and organizations that serve the Hispanic/Latino community by creating positive change in areas of education, business, health care, safety, and community building. Led by the University of North Carolina Wilmington, the Latino Alliance currently serves the role of a network and a platform from which to access resources, share information, and discuss issues, both of progress and of challenges still to overcome.
- 2012 Quarterly Meeting (August 15, 2012) @ UNCW Fisher University Union. Discussion topics:
Deferred action (Presentation by Helen Jugovic, Attorney at Law).
Importance of registering to vote (League of Women Voters of the Lower Cape Fear).
- 2012 Quarterly Meeting (February 28, 2012) @ Start Smart of New Hanover County
- 2012 Quarterly Meeting (January 20, 2012) @ Verizon Wireless
- 2011 Latino Alliance Meeting (November 10, 2012) @ UNCW Warwick Center
- 2011 Latino Alliance Conference (October 7-8, 2012) @ UNCW Warwick Center
- 2011 Latino Alliance Quarterly Meeting (September 21, 2012) @ Wrightsville Beach Room