2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Arrowhead Energy Corporation
Arrowhead Energy Corp. is a locally owned and operated solar energy company based in Wilmington, NC. With years of experience in the solar industry, Arrowhead Energy installers have the knowledge and expertise to deliver the finest solar energy solutions to our customers. Whether it is a small starter system or helping customers completely offset their usage, the optimized solar energy systems offered by Arrowhead give customers the flexibility and value to fit within their budget. The unique energy program will make your home more energy efficient while turning your roof into a cash-producing asset.
Pete Weppler has found Wilmington to be a high growth market because of the residential and commercial development and feels the population in this area will continue to increase, creating more potential clients for Arrowhead Energy. The UNCW Entrepreneurship Center provides a support structure for Arrowhead and helps brainstorm on how to be more specific on their target market. Interns, employees and being linked to the university are a few of the other benefits Pete has enjoyed from the UNCWEC.
View Company Website: Arrowhead Energy Corporation