2015 Upcoming Events
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 7, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - Jim Harvey's entrepreneurial spirit combined with a passion for helping customers succeed, drive him to help developers market and monetize their apps. In celebration of UNCW's commencement activities, Jim, a UNCW graduate, will be here to tell his story and share his experiences in business and in life since leaving UNCW. Register now!
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Brush Dental Care
In December 2006 Barry and Brandon Farrell founded Brush Dental Care to provide Wilmington, NC and the surrounding areas with professional, gentle dental treatment for the entire family in a caring and comfortable environment. By offering a wide range of dental services, including preventative, cosmetic, restorative, and reconstructive dentistry, Brush Dental Care can help patients reach the highest level of oral health possible so that they may enjoy the benefits of a functional, attractive, and healthy smile. Brush Dental Care now has three offices and is looking to speak with dentists who feel that Brush Dental Care aligns with their long-term goals.
Barry is excited about the partnership with UNCW Entrepreneur Center. The UNCWEC offered an information session on tax planning that provided business solutions for the new entrepreneurs and was especially helpful. Barry and Brandon also enjoy the small business spirit that thrives in Wilmington. Feeling that others face similar challenges, Barry hopes to continue to learn from fellow members and watch his company grow.
View Company Website: Brush Dental Care