- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant)
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Brush Dental Care
In December 2006 Barry and Brandon Farrell founded Brush Dental Care to provide Wilmington, NC and the surrounding areas with professional, gentle dental treatment for the entire family in a caring and comfortable environment. By offering a wide range of dental services, including preventative, cosmetic, restorative, and reconstructive dentistry, Brush Dental Care can help patients reach the highest level of oral health possible so that they may enjoy the benefits of a functional, attractive, and healthy smile. Brush Dental Care now has three offices and is looking to speak with dentists who feel that Brush Dental Care aligns with their long-term goals.
Barry is excited about the partnership with UNCW Entrepreneur Center. The UNCWEC offered an information session on tax planning that provided business solutions for the new entrepreneurs and was especially helpful. Barry and Brandon also enjoy the small business spirit that thrives in Wilmington. Feeling that others face similar challenges, Barry hopes to continue to learn from fellow members and watch his company grow.
View Company Website: Brush Dental Care