- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant)
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Castle Branch was started over 10 years ago and has expanded its services to provide employment, business and tenant screening as well as drug testing and investigative services. Their reputation and commitment to service has helped Castle Branch become the tenth largest background check company in the US. By offering a wide range of services, Castle Branch wants to continue to help businesses make safe and informed decisions.
The Wilmington area is especially unique for Castle Branch. With no other companies providing the same type of services, Castle Branch has found this area to be a high growth location. Also, the highly education population provides a number of qualified employees that also enjoy the work/life balance found in coastal North Carolina. Many employees for Castle Branch, both student interns and full-time workers have ties to UNCW. The UNCW Entrepreneur Center is also a vital link for Castle Branch to the community. The networking opportunities provided through UNCWEC offer a unique opportunity to introduce Castle Branch to new potential clients.