- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant)
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Freedom Lawns USA
Freedom Lawns USA is a regional franchise organization, with the corporate headquarters located on Highway 17 in Hampstead, NC. Freedom Lawns is truly a different kind of lawn care service. It all begins with the unique approach to performing lawns treatments, which includes an exclusive organic based fertilizer and other unique products. These services include a free, no obligation lawn analysis, soil pH test and service quote, followed by a series of customized treatments that will enable your lawn to become thicker, greener, and more weed and pest free.
Freedom Lawns is proud to be a member of the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center for many reasons. Owner, Mark Tamn, believes that the UNCWEC is an extremely valuable resource for existing and future business owners throughout Southeastern North Carolina. As a small business owner, it comforting to know that during these challenging economic times there is credible and reliable information available to help all entrepreneurs make sound business decisions. The ongoing strength of our local economy will always be dictated by the ability of our small business community to continue to thrive, be profitable, and provide careers for others. The educational seminars, programs and general guidelines presented by the UNCWEC have been most instrumental in helping Tamn learn new ways to grow his business.
View Company Website: Freedom Lawns USA