2015 Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, March 11, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., CIE - TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn - You are invited to our upcoming TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn where you will have the opportunity to meet Stratasys representatives, network with business professionals and learn more about the latest 3D printing technologies and services we offer. The event is free and lunch will also be served to all attendees. To register, visit the registration page.
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
Freedom Lawns USA
Freedom Lawns USA is a regional franchise organization, with the corporate headquarters located on Highway 17 in Hampstead, NC. Freedom Lawns is truly a different kind of lawn care service. It all begins with the unique approach to performing lawns treatments, which includes an exclusive organic based fertilizer and other unique products. These services include a free, no obligation lawn analysis, soil pH test and service quote, followed by a series of customized treatments that will enable your lawn to become thicker, greener, and more weed and pest free.
Freedom Lawns is proud to be a member of the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center for many reasons. Owner, Mark Tamn, believes that the UNCWEC is an extremely valuable resource for existing and future business owners throughout Southeastern North Carolina. As a small business owner, it comforting to know that during these challenging economic times there is credible and reliable information available to help all entrepreneurs make sound business decisions. The ongoing strength of our local economy will always be dictated by the ability of our small business community to continue to thrive, be profitable, and provide careers for others. The educational seminars, programs and general guidelines presented by the UNCWEC have been most instrumental in helping Tamn learn new ways to grow his business.
View Company Website: Freedom Lawns USA