2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Global Test Supply
Like many business owners today, Robert Preville, president of Global Test Supply, saw the power of the internet had in serving a wide range of customers in different industries. But Preville also realized the importance of personal client interactions. Combining both principles he has been able to use a web-and-mortar business model to create a company serving about 15,000 test equipment parts and customers worldwide.
Preville said the company gains its competitive advantage from both the people he employs and what he calls the business control center, which is a back-end CRM platform. Through the Control Center program, GTS can manage sales leads, product information and market information. Global Test Supply is currently in its 5th year of business. Preville states, The Entrepreneur Center has provided an invaluable service networking Global Test Supply with local resources necessary to maintain our growth objective.
View Company Website: Global Test Supply