More Upcoming Events
- August 11, 2014, 4 p.m. - The Business of Beer at the Beach - David Gardner, Angel Investor for Fortnight Brewing Company, Dino Radosta of White Street Brewing Company, and Derek Allen and Hayley Wells of Ward and Smith, P.A. will be here to discuss the growing business of microbreweries in North Carolina. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. Thank you to our Event Sponsor, Ward and Smith, P.A.
- August 14, 2014, 10 a.m. - NC IDEA Fall 2014 Wilmington Info Session - For those interested in applying for NC IDEA Grants are encouraged to attend this free info session. Companies focused on software, information technology, medical devices or material sciences are encouraged to apply. To register, visit the registration page.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups looking for a few good ‘angels’ - Port City Daily, 07.24.14
- Startup Experience Lands HUGO Co-founder In Larger Startup Pond, GWBJ, 07.24.14
- Oracle CIO Talks Tech - GWBJ, 07.18.14
- Wilmington company aims to improve elections - Port City Daily, 06.25.14
- Panel Shares Tips for Securing Early-stage Investment - GWBJ, 06.20.14
- Coworking Hives Create Growing Buzz - GWBJ, 06.06.14
- What's next for Next Glass? Beer & wine app a 'best investment' - Port City Daily, 05.22.14
- Next Glass Wins At Startup Showcase - GWBJ, 05.16.14
- SBA Solicits Applications For Business Accelerator Competition - GWBJ, 05.14.14
- Talking pain points: What keeps employers up at night - WRALTechWire, 04.25.14
- UNCW event aims to link entrepreneurs with major corporations - Star News, 04.24.14
- Companies Discuss Challenges; Ask For Solutions - GWBJ, 04.24.14
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Bridges to Business - Business Radio X, 01.20.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
Kids Making It
Kids Making it was founded in 1994 as a volunteer effort and a pilot program was launched in 1997. KMI has currently been working full-time with Wilmington’s youth since 2000. Kids Making It is dedicated to teaching woodworking in a strong mentoring environment and instilling patience, pride, perseverance, confidence, teamwork and self-esteem. The kids are able to build character through community service projects and impart the truth of actions and consequences through the woodworking process.
Jeff Citrin, an Associate Director with Kids Making It, says they have been fortunate to develop strong relationships with other non-profits, community leaders, local businesses, UNCW, CFCC and our Wilmington Chamber of Commerce. Working together we have been able to offer expanded services and opportunities to our Wilmington Youth. KMI has recently helped a number of local kids overcome challenges. Citrin sees success every day in all of our kids from different background and socio-economic classes, who come together each afternoon to share tools and materials and work together to produce quality merchandise to sell to the public. We see them grow into mature, respected citizens in the process.
View Company Website: Kids Making It