- March 25, 2014, 4 p.m. - Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the Military - Speakers will include: Dr. Brad Guay, Army Small Business Technology Transfer, program manager; T.A. "Mickey" Finn, North Carolina Military Business Center, strategic programs consultant; John Pannacione, Logic Bay CEO and VET to CEO organizer (CIE tenant) RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 24, 2014 - Big Employers Event - Five of the largest employers will share their five largest problems in their industry to open the minds of entrepreneurs to createsolutions for those problems Event Location: Terraces on Sir Tyler
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
May 22, 2014 - Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards - Event Location: UNCW Burney Center
June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Queensboro Shirt Company
Queensboro Shirt Company specializes in providing businesses, organizations, teams and individuals with customized embroidered logos on high quality polo and tee shirts, bags, hats and other garments and accessories. In 1995 Fred Myers moved the growing custom embroidery business from New York to Wilmington, NC. The change in geographic location was to 1) be closer to a supplier, and 2) relocate to a business-friendly environment which would foster growth and success. Queensboro grew from 25 employees at that time to the 100 happy team members who are employed today.
Meyers, President and Founder, says Wilmington is a perfect location because it is near the water, but not isolated. He says the city is filled with good people who work hard and enjoy the big city conveniences with the small town feel. Wilmington is a relatively inexpensive city to run a business, especially for the quality of life that the beautiful coastal town provides. The clean environment, arts and culture, diversity and access to the resources at UNCW is what continues to bring smart, motivated people to Wilmington year after year. Queensboro is excited about the growth potential in Wilmington as well as helping other small business and organizations succeed by offering unbeatable prices on quality, custom logo embroidery shirts the absolute best value (and most comfortable way!) to market a company’s brand.
View Company Website: Queensboro Shirt Company