2015 Upcoming Events
- May 21, 7:30-9:45 a.m., Burney Center - 2015 Greater Wilmington Business Journal Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
- May 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m., CIE - Building and Validating Data Entry Forms in AngularJS
- May 28, 4:00-7:00 p.m., CIE - The Coastal Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: It’s Not a Jungle Out There - Join representatives from the CIE, Seahawk Innovation, Elite Innovations, tekMountain, Ignition, and the Small Business and Technology Development Center in an exploration of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Learn how it supports innovators, entrepreneurs and businesses in the Wilmington area and sustains both incubator and accelerator resources necessary for continued growth. Register Now!
CIE in the News
- The new face of aging: UNCW professor turns life expectancy research into business - Port City Daily, 05.18.15
- Putting Buzzwords To Work - GWBJ, 05.18.15
- UNCW student has dream of green gym - Star News, 05.11.15
- Flippze Focuses On Student Users - GWBJ, 05.08.15
- UNCW Officials Look at CIE's Future - GWBJ, 03.27.15
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Signal is a creative communications agency founded by Rick Haynes in 1992. The company started as a small graphic design studio initially based in a room over his garage with a staff of two. The Raleigh firm grew and expanded to a second office in Wilmington in 1994 when the company’s art director followed his dream to move to the coast. Signal now has a total staff of about 30 and recently opened a third studio in Nashville, Tennessee. The firm has even gone international, with its information technology director working remotely in Germany since 2005. Signal’s customer list now includes clients like John Deere, GlaxoSmithKline, Quintiles, Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, Novartis and Bald Head Island.
From its roots in graphic design and web development, Signal has consistently expanded the scope of its capabilities and is now working on projects involving augmented reality and mobile application development. Signal has enjoyed associations with UNCW as an MBA Learning Alliance client and as a practicum company for the MBA program. The firm looks forward to continued involvement with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center.
View Company Website: Signal Design