2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Signal is a creative communications agency founded by Rick Haynes in 1992. The company started as a small graphic design studio initially based in a room over his garage with a staff of two. The Raleigh firm grew and expanded to a second office in Wilmington in 1994 when the company’s art director followed his dream to move to the coast. Signal now has a total staff of about 30 and recently opened a third studio in Nashville, Tennessee. The firm has even gone international, with its information technology director working remotely in Germany since 2005. Signal’s customer list now includes clients like John Deere, GlaxoSmithKline, Quintiles, Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, Novartis and Bald Head Island.
From its roots in graphic design and web development, Signal has consistently expanded the scope of its capabilities and is now working on projects involving augmented reality and mobile application development. Signal has enjoyed associations with UNCW as an MBA Learning Alliance client and as a practicum company for the MBA program. The firm looks forward to continued involvement with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center.
View Company Website: Signal Design