2015 Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, March 11, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., CIE - TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn - You are invited to our upcoming TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn where you will have the opportunity to meet Stratasys representatives, network with business professionals and learn more about the latest 3D printing technologies and services we offer. The event is free and lunch will also be served to all attendees. To register, visit the registration page.
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
South ‘n France Bon Bons
When creating South ‘n France, Charlene Dupray and Pascal Siegler wanted to celebrate the things they love best about their respective cultures. They set out to marry the relaxed charms and gracious living of the South with the style and flair of provincial France. They would join together simple, traditional Southern pleasures with the spirit of French joie de vivre. They knew the marriage of these concepts would work beautifully, because as a husband and wife team, Pascal and Charlene have spent years working on blending their two unique cultures into a harmonious whole. South ‘n France hand-dipped chocolate bon bons marry sweet Southern ingredients with classic French techniques. The result? Seven delectable bon bon flavors, all entirely handmade: Cafe’ au Lait, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Coconut, Cookies ‘n Creme, Fudge Brownie, Peanut Buttah, and Pistachio.
Charlene is most excited about the growth opportunities in Wilmington, and feels that the cultural diversity of Wilmington will continue to embrace their unique business. The majority of their clients are based in Wilmington, but they are starting to see an increase in the mail order part of the business. Charlene plans to attend more of the seminars available through the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and hopes that networking events could lead to more business for South ‘n France Bon Bons.