More Upcoming Events
- April 24, 2014 - The Big 5 Employers: Pains That Keep Us Up at Night - Leaders from five of the region's largest companies will share their needs, the common challenges they face and opportunities for local entrepreneurs to provide solutions. To register visit Event Registration Page.
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
- June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
South ‘n France Bon Bons
When creating South ‘n France, Charlene Dupray and Pascal Siegler wanted to celebrate the things they love best about their respective cultures. They set out to marry the relaxed charms and gracious living of the South with the style and flair of provincial France. They would join together simple, traditional Southern pleasures with the spirit of French joie de vivre. They knew the marriage of these concepts would work beautifully, because as a husband and wife team, Pascal and Charlene have spent years working on blending their two unique cultures into a harmonious whole. South ‘n France hand-dipped chocolate bon bons marry sweet Southern ingredients with classic French techniques. The result? Seven delectable bon bon flavors, all entirely handmade: Cafe’ au Lait, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Coconut, Cookies ‘n Creme, Fudge Brownie, Peanut Buttah, and Pistachio.
Charlene is most excited about the growth opportunities in Wilmington, and feels that the cultural diversity of Wilmington will continue to embrace their unique business. The majority of their clients are based in Wilmington, but they are starting to see an increase in the mail order part of the business. Charlene plans to attend more of the seminars available through the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center and hopes that networking events could lead to more business for South ‘n France Bon Bons.