More Upcoming Events
- April 24, 2014 - The Big 5 Employers: Pains That Keep Us Up at Night - Leaders from five of the region's largest companies will share their needs, the common challenges they face and opportunities for local entrepreneurs to provide solutions. To register visit Event Registration Page.
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
- June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Vehicle Tracking Systems Corp
Jonathan Davis started Vehicle Tracking Systems’ fifteen years ago to provide business owners a system to monitor vehicle activity. Combining GPS tracking, mobile phone communication and web-based software, Vehicle Tracking Systems’ provides detailed logs of the operation of any vehicle. Davis sees most of his business coming from local fleets, like that of his first customer McKim & Creed, who started using Davis in 2008. The Vehicle Tracking Systems helped McKim & Creed cut down on idle time, which is a major savings in fuel. Davis estimates that fuel consumption can be reduced by 10-15% by carefully managing the vehicles and employees. Other benefits include monitoring the vehicle’s speed, validating overtime charges, sending and asking questions through compatible Garmin GPS Systems mounted in the vehicle.
Since relocating from New York, Davis has found Wilmington to be a high growth market. Currently tracking about 3000 vehicles, these systems can be installed on any vehicle, ranging from taxicabs to construction fleets or families with kids learning to drive. A number of customers in Wilmington prefer working with a local company, and the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center has provided Davis a great networking platform. Working with other successful business owners involved in the UNCW Entrepreneur Center, Davis has been able to introduce his service to their businesses.
View Company Website: Vehicle Tracking Systems Corp