- Stay tuned for the 2014 event schedule coming soon!
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Vehicle Tracking Systems Corp
Jonathan Davis started Vehicle Tracking Systems’ fifteen years ago to provide business owners a system to monitor vehicle activity. Combining GPS tracking, mobile phone communication and web-based software, Vehicle Tracking Systems’ provides detailed logs of the operation of any vehicle. Davis sees most of his business coming from local fleets, like that of his first customer McKim & Creed, who started using Davis in 2008. The Vehicle Tracking Systems helped McKim & Creed cut down on idle time, which is a major savings in fuel. Davis estimates that fuel consumption can be reduced by 10-15% by carefully managing the vehicles and employees. Other benefits include monitoring the vehicle’s speed, validating overtime charges, sending and asking questions through compatible Garmin GPS Systems mounted in the vehicle.
Since relocating from New York, Davis has found Wilmington to be a high growth market. Currently tracking about 3000 vehicles, these systems can be installed on any vehicle, ranging from taxicabs to construction fleets or families with kids learning to drive. A number of customers in Wilmington prefer working with a local company, and the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center has provided Davis a great networking platform. Working with other successful business owners involved in the UNCW Entrepreneur Center, Davis has been able to introduce his service to their businesses.
View Company Website: Vehicle Tracking Systems Corp