2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, February 26, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., at MARBIONC at CREST Research Park - Life Sciences: Growth and Funding, Breakfast Event - RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org - visit www.uncw.edu/cie for more information.
- Wednesday, March 11, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., CIE - TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn - You are invited to our upcoming TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn where you will have the opportunity to meet Stratasys representatives, network with business professionals and learn more about the latest 3D printing technologies and services we offer. The event is free and lunch will also be served to all attendees. To register, visit the registration page.
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
- WATCH: When Entrepreneurs and Filmmakers Got Together at Cucalorus - ExitEvent, 11.24.14
- Scott Moody's choice: 'Internet of You,' not 'Internet of Things' - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.21.14
- Cucalorus 10x10 Project Gives Startups Screen Time, Experience - GWBJ, 11.18.14
- Bringing competitive spirit to coast leads to White House invite - WRAL Tech Wire, 11.17.14
- CIE Director Visits White House To Accept Award - GWBJ, 11.13.14
- NCino, Other Local Startups Shine At Tech Awards - GWBJ, 11.07.14
- EasyVote's Software Promises Smoother Running Elections - Xconomy, 11.03.14
- Business Rx: Election tech company votes for growth - The Washington Post, 11.02.14
- Competition Offers Prize Of South By Southwest Interactive Passes - GWBJ, 10.31.14
- CIE Tenant Lands Seed Money Investment From Raleigh Team - GWBJ, 10.30.14
- Next Glass Showcases at Star-Studded #WSJDLive in SoCal - ExitEvent, 10.29.14
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
Virtual Law Office
In 2007 Benjamin and Stephanie Kimbo created Virtual Law Office Technology, LLC, after the results of a two-year research and case study demonstrated an interest by the public and legal professionals for the Virtual Law Office Technology. The company runs its operations out of Wilmington, North Carolina using the same virtual office software it provides to its clients. VLOTech provides a secure, software as a service, web-based product that connects solo and small firm law practices with the online consumer. The goal of the software is to provide a complimentary method for the solo and small firm practitioner to compete by expanding their client base to tap into the online consumer and the need for unbundled, online legal services.
VLOTech was acquired by Total Attorneys in October, 2009. Prior to selling VLOTech, Stephanie and Benjamin spoke with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center for advice and counseling regarding the sell. After partnering with Total Attorneys, Stephanie and Benjamin chose to stay in Wilmington because of the weather and the importance of work/life balance.
View Company Website: Virtual Law Office