2015 Upcoming Events
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email email@example.com
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Virtual Law Office
In 2007 Benjamin and Stephanie Kimbo created Virtual Law Office Technology, LLC, after the results of a two-year research and case study demonstrated an interest by the public and legal professionals for the Virtual Law Office Technology. The company runs its operations out of Wilmington, North Carolina using the same virtual office software it provides to its clients. VLOTech provides a secure, software as a service, web-based product that connects solo and small firm law practices with the online consumer. The goal of the software is to provide a complimentary method for the solo and small firm practitioner to compete by expanding their client base to tap into the online consumer and the need for unbundled, online legal services.
VLOTech was acquired by Total Attorneys in October, 2009. Prior to selling VLOTech, Stephanie and Benjamin spoke with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center for advice and counseling regarding the sell. After partnering with Total Attorneys, Stephanie and Benjamin chose to stay in Wilmington because of the weather and the importance of work/life balance.
View Company Website: Virtual Law Office