- Stay tuned for the 2014 event schedule coming soon!
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Virtual Law Office
In 2007 Benjamin and Stephanie Kimbo created Virtual Law Office Technology, LLC, after the results of a two-year research and case study demonstrated an interest by the public and legal professionals for the Virtual Law Office Technology. The company runs its operations out of Wilmington, North Carolina using the same virtual office software it provides to its clients. VLOTech provides a secure, software as a service, web-based product that connects solo and small firm law practices with the online consumer. The goal of the software is to provide a complimentary method for the solo and small firm practitioner to compete by expanding their client base to tap into the online consumer and the need for unbundled, online legal services.
VLOTech was acquired by Total Attorneys in October, 2009. Prior to selling VLOTech, Stephanie and Benjamin spoke with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center for advice and counseling regarding the sell. After partnering with Total Attorneys, Stephanie and Benjamin chose to stay in Wilmington because of the weather and the importance of work/life balance.
View Company Website: Virtual Law Office