More Upcoming Events
- April 24, 2014 - The Big 5 Employers: Pains That Keep Us Up at Night - Leaders from five of the region's largest companies will share their needs, the common challenges they face and opportunities for local entrepreneurs to provide solutions. To register visit Event Registration Page.
- May 13, 2014 - Internship Summit - Learn how to secure UNCW students as interns for your company and how to become a part of the Certified Internship Program
- June, 2014 - Potential Rocket Pitch
- June 19, 2014 - Three Level of Investors - Early Angels, Angel Groups and Venture Capitalists
- July 17, 2014 - Tom Fisher, Senior VP & CIO of Cloud at Oracle Corp. - Fisher has been at the C-Level for tech giants such as Qualcomm, eBay, and Gateway Computers.
- Sept. 4, 2014 - Anniversary Event of CIE Grand Opening
CIE in the News
- Technology Earns Startups Time On Stage - GWBJ, 04.15.14
- The lucky-to-be-alive Wilmington entrepreneur behind an 'extreme super food' - Triangle Business Journal, 04.14.14
- Partnership Connects Centers To Benefit Startups - GWBJ, 04.07.14
- Program helps veterans realize entrepreneurial dreams - Port City Daily, 04.04.14
- UNCW CIE Director Roberts Named a Reviewer for NC IDEA - UNCW, 03.26.14
- Don't Stereotype Startups in Wilmington - !ExitEvent, 03.19.14
- 'Optimism' expressed for local innovation economy - Port City Daily, 03.14.14
- Center Events Stretch Entrepreneurial Thinking, Boundaries - GWBJ, 02.21.14
- Print 3D, everyday items? Local entrepreneurs laud the possibilities - Port City Daily, 01.17.14
- Wilmington firm makes new blood circulation device - Wilmington Star-News, 12.28.13
- Wilmington start-up uses science to judge wine - Wilmington Star-News, 12.21.13
- Wilmington startup Next Glass wins statewide tech award - Port City Daily, 11.8.13
- Rocket Pitch audience hears from investors, startups - GWBJ, 10.31.13
- Interview: F. Scott Moody, AuthenTec co-founder, says Wilmington has good support system for startups - Port City Daily, 10.24.13
- Center holds small business grant workshop - Greater Wilmington Business Journal, 10.17.13
- Wilmington’s new entrepreneurship center could someday fund your startup
Triangle Business Journal (blog)
- More news
Become a member
Benefits of Membership
Becoming a member of the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is not required to attend most general events, however becoming a member symbolizes your support for the Center’s mission, ensures attendance for all events including special events, offers additional opportunities and recognition not available to non-members and supports the Center’s resources to maintain and expand programs that support entrepreneurship in the Cape Fear Region. Specifically the benefits for members are:
- Attendance at all Entrepreneurship events with no registration fees for members.
- Eligiblity to present at the Rocket Pitch series.
- Can attend member only networking sessions and office hours
- Specially-notated member name tags for events
- Member Recognition on the website
Before submitting an application it is important to understand some membership guidelines to help us ensure individuals and companies involved in the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are aligned with the mission and the quality experiences, people and programs offered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee membership. Applications are reviewed to ensure a proper fit with the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Membership can be revoked if it is discovered you are blatantly advertising or selling your products/services at events including solicitations, forcible networking or taking advantage of members, engaging in business or professional activities that may be deemed “unethical”, misrepresenting your affiliation with the Center or publicizing the Center using falsified statements.
Your annual membership begins when your application is received and accepted. There are six types of membership options available which are listed below. Please ensure you select the right membership type for you and/or your company.
- Individual Membership: This is the standard membership for one person.
- Partner Membership: This is for two entrepreneurs and/or executives who are part of the same company or organization.
- Company Membership Less then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Corporate Membership More then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Student Membership: This membership is for University and Community College students to become part of the CIE. You must be formally enrolled to be eligible for this membership level.
- UNCW Faculty/Staff Membership: For UNCW Faculty and Staff this special membership level provides an opportunity to become involved in the Center.