2015 Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, March 11, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., CIE - TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn - You are invited to our upcoming TriMech 3D Printer Lunch & Learn where you will have the opportunity to meet Stratasys representatives, network with business professionals and learn more about the latest 3D printing technologies and services we offer. The event is free and lunch will also be served to all attendees. To register, visit the registration page.
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m., CIE - Building a successful product and innovation based company in NC - With the growth of the partnership between CIE and the MakerSpace, the MakerSpace has over 20 new product based companies in Wilmington from a Bluetooth based pet dish to a potential solution for COPD victims. Come hear from Aly Khalifa, Founder of Gamila Products/Design Box about his experience. RSVP now!
- Beginning February 17, CIE - Boot Camp for Entrepreneurs - An 8-session, 3-month long boot camp open for 12 participants. REGISTRATION IS FULL - to be considered for the next Boot Camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Wednesday, 8:30 a.m., CIE - High Tide Breakfast - Two 6 minute value proposition pitches from two startups and one introduction to a local or visiting mentor. Students and community are welcome to help building our startup community. RSVP to: email@example.com
CIE in the News
- Tick-killing robot inventors open business office in Wilmington - Triangle Business Journal, 03.05.15
- UNC Wilmington Focuses on Building Region's Biotech and Medical Industries - Time Warner Cable News, 02.26.15
- Wireless Technology Goes To The Dogs - GWBJ, 02.17.15
- Why a new focus on entrepreneurship in Wilmington? - WRAL TechWire, 02.09.15
- Wilmington-based company says it's built a better baby bottle - Star News, 02.07.15
- 2014: Wilmington Proved It's a Town for Tourists And Startups - ExitEvent, 12.31.14
- UNCW's CIE Supports Veterans on the Road to Entrepreneurship - UNCW, 12.22.14
- Event Explores Social Marketing, Celebrates 'great' Year For Center - GWBJ, 12.18.14
Become a member
Benefits of Membership
Becoming a member of the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is not required to attend most general events, however becoming a member symbolizes your support for the Center’s mission, ensures attendance for all events including special events, offers additional opportunities and recognition not available to non-members and supports the Center’s resources to maintain and expand programs that support entrepreneurship in the Cape Fear Region. Membership at this time is FREE bis subject to change. Specifically the benefits for members are:
- Attendance at all Entrepreneurship events
- Eligiblity to present at the Rocket Pitch series
- Can attend member only networking sessions and office hours
- Specially-notated member name tags for events
- Member Recognition on the website
Before submitting an application it is important to understand some membership guidelines to help us ensure individuals and companies involved in the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are aligned with the mission and the quality experiences, people and programs offered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee membership. Applications are reviewed to ensure a proper fit with the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Membership can be revoked if it is discovered you are blatantly advertising or selling your products/services at events including solicitations, forcible networking or taking advantage of members, engaging in business or professional activities that may be deemed “unethical”, misrepresenting your affiliation with the Center or publicizing the Center using falsified statements.
Your membership begins when your application is received and accepted. There are six types of membership options available which are listed below. Please ensure you select the right membership type for you and/or your company.
- Individual Membership: This is the standard membership for one person.
- Partner Membership: This is for two entrepreneurs and/or executives who are part of the same company or organization.
- Company Membership Less than 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Corporate Membership More than 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Student Membership: This membership is for University and Community College students to become part of the CIE. You must be formally enrolled to be eligible for this membership level.
- UNCW Faculty/Staff Membership: For UNCW Faculty and Staff this special membership level provides an opportunity to become involved in the Center.