More Upcoming Events
- October 16, 2014, 4 p.m. - How to Overcome the Never Ending Maybe in the Sales Process (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- October 23, 2014, 4 p.m. at Lumina Theater - Entrepreneurship Week Keynote Presentation with Tom Lotrecchiano and Joe Schmidt of Entremanureship - What business schools don't teach you about entrepreneurship (RSVP to email@example.com)
CIE in the News
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
- NC IDEA picks 19 startups for next step in grant process - WRAL Tech Wire, 09.30.14
- Tech Venture Conference Proves Helpful For Local Companies - GWBJ, 09.22.14
- UNCW Entrepreneur Center Uses $50,000 Grant to Support Coastal Start-Ups - Time Warner Cable News, 09.15.14
- Center for Innovation wins accelerator grant - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- SXSW's Forrest revs coastal entrepreneurs - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- 11 Bullish Beachside Businesses - Exit Event, 09.08.14
- UNCW's CIE celebrates one-year anniversary, $50,000 grant award - Port City Daily, 09.08.14
- Tech Startups Take Stage at Wilmington Entrepreneurship Conference - Xconomy, 09.05.14
- UNCW CIE Opens CORAL, An Open Device Lab for Mobile App Testing - WHQR, 09.05.14
- CIE Among Winners Of National SBA Award - GWBJ, 09.05.14
- UNCW innovation center wins grant - Star News, 09.05.14
- Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference kicks off - Star News, 09.04.14
- UNCW Brings Innovators and Investors Together - Time Warner Cable, 09.04.14
- SXSW Interactive Director Shares Tips With Local Entrepreneurs - GWBJ, 09.04.14
- UNCW entrepreneur incubator celebrates anniversary - Star News, 08.29.14
- How old do you really look? FaceMyAge has an app for that - WRAL TechWire, 08.29.14
- Next Glass to expand from business incubator space to downtown headquarters - Port City Daily, 08.28.14
- Next Glass To Open HQ Downtown - GWBJ, 08.27.14
- UNCW Professor Pioneers Face Aging Technology - WHQR, 08.25.14
- Opinion-Entrepreneurship: Impacting A Vital Wilmington - GWBJ, George Taylor, 08.22.14
- Reinventing eye surgery - Lumina News, 08.20.14
- Business of Beer: Challenging, Costly and Friendly - Exit Event, 08.13.14
- Experts: Beer Making A Demanding But Rewarding Pursuit - GWBJ, 08.12.14
- Area craft brewers discuss the business of beer - Port City Daily, 08.12.14
- N.C. brewmeisters discuss burgeoning craft - Star News, 08.11.14
- Conference To Showcase 2 Local Startups - GWBJ, 08.08.14
- CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’ To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon - 08.07.14
- Wilmington's First Maker Space On The Way - GWBJ, 08.06.14
Become a member
Benefits of Membership
Becoming a member of the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is not required to attend most general events, however becoming a member symbolizes your support for the Center’s mission, ensures attendance for all events including special events, offers additional opportunities and recognition not available to non-members and supports the Center’s resources to maintain and expand programs that support entrepreneurship in the Cape Fear Region. Specifically the benefits for members are:
- Attendance at all Entrepreneurship events
- Eligiblity to present at the Rocket Pitch series
- Can attend member only networking sessions and office hours
- Specially-notated member name tags for events
- Member Recognition on the website
Before submitting an application it is important to understand some membership guidelines to help us ensure individuals and companies involved in the UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship are aligned with the mission and the quality experiences, people and programs offered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee membership. Applications are reviewed to ensure a proper fit with the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Membership can be revoked if it is discovered you are blatantly advertising or selling your products/services at events including solicitations, forcible networking or taking advantage of members, engaging in business or professional activities that may be deemed “unethical”, misrepresenting your affiliation with the Center or publicizing the Center using falsified statements.
Your annual membership begins when your application is received and accepted. There are six types of membership options available which are listed below. Please ensure you select the right membership type for you and/or your company.
- Individual Membership: This is the standard membership for one person.
- Partner Membership: This is for two entrepreneurs and/or executives who are part of the same company or organization.
- Company Membership Less then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Corporate Membership More then 50 Employees: This membership level allows all members of your organization to participate as members in the CIE under your company’s name.
- Student Membership: This membership is for University and Community College students to become part of the CIE. You must be formally enrolled to be eligible for this membership level.
- UNCW Faculty/Staff Membership: For UNCW Faculty and Staff this special membership level provides an opportunity to become involved in the Center.