More Upcoming Events
- November 19, 6 p.m., CIE - TechTalk: Two Part Session - Part One: Internet of Things with Scott Moody and Part Two: Developer Follow-Up with Jonathan Gould - TechTalk is a free quarterly series for the tech industry hosted by WaveRiver, Inc. Scott Moody will be the featured guest. Moody is the previous co-founder of AuthenTec which was aquired by Apple in 2012 (the only public company ever acquired by Apple). You now know their products as the Touch ID featured on the iPhone 5s-6 Plus. It is that same focus on the consumer, on making lives better, that forms the foundation of Moody's current company, K4Connect. Following Scott, Jonathan Gould, a partner at K4Connect, will lead Part Two, a Developer Follow-Up. Register for one or both sessions now!
CIE in the News
- Venturing into an action-filled shark tank for Venture Atlanta - WRAL Tech Wire, 10.22.14
- Wilmington startups represented at technology awards in Raleigh - Star News, 10.11.14
- 6 To Grow On: Leaders Tackling Garner Recommendations - GWBJ, 10.10.14
- Silicon Valley Tools for Wilmington's Beach Startups - ExitEvent, 10.09.14
- Startup Aims To Tidy Up Cleaning Services - GWBJ, 10.01.14
- Bob Creeden - Help attract technology to coast - Star News, 10.01.14
- NC IDEA picks 19 startups for next step in grant process - WRAL Tech Wire, 09.30.14
- Tech Venture Conference Proves Helpful For Local Companies - GWBJ, 09.22.14
- UNCW Entrepreneur Center Uses $50,000 Grant to Support Coastal Start-Ups - Time Warner Cable News, 09.15.14
- Center for Innovation wins accelerator grant - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- SXSW's Forrest revs coastal entrepreneurs - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- 11 Bullish Beachside Businesses - Exit Event, 09.08.14
- UNCW's CIE celebrates one-year anniversary, $50,000 grant award - Port City Daily, 09.08.14
- Tech Startups Take Stage at Wilmington Entrepreneurship Conference - Xconomy, 09.05.14
- UNCW CIE Opens CORAL, An Open Device Lab for Mobile App Testing - WHQR, 09.05.14
- CIE Among Winners Of National SBA Award - GWBJ, 09.05.14
- UNCW innovation center wins grant - Star News, 09.05.14
- Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference kicks off - Star News, 09.04.14
- UNCW Brings Innovators and Investors Together - Time Warner Cable, 09.04.14
- SXSW Interactive Director Shares Tips With Local Entrepreneurs - GWBJ, 09.04.14
UNCW Global Entrepreneurship Week
The CIE is proud to host local events as part of this worldwide week in partnership with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation that has inspired more than 10 million people in 102 countries, touching aspiring entrepreneurs from major cities to remote villages through some 58,000 events.
Coastal Entrepreneurship Awards
This annual event provides an opportunity for local entrepreneurs and growing companies to be recognized for their innovation and achievements. Ten category winners and entrepreneur of the year award are selected by a distinguished panel of judges and announced at the awards ceremony.
Rocket Pitch Event
This semi-annual and highly publicized event selects up to five of the Cape Fear region’s most exciting emerging startup companies and provides a venue for each founder to deliver a 10-minute presentation on the business and financial model, product(s), growth strategy, risks and resources needed.
Fall 2013 Rocket Pitch Videos:
Spring 2012 Rocket Pitch Videos:
- Elizabeth Logan: MyoMed
- Dan Tompkins: The Teacher Registry
- Shaun Olsen: Cloud Wyze
- Kristen Beckmeyer: PipeView Technologies, LLC
- Terry Linehan: An Independent Film
Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
A key partner, the SBTDC provides free counseling services to entrepreneurs and business owners covering the complete range of key topics including managing finances, developing a marketing plan and managing a growing venture.
Have a Program Idea or Recommendation?
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship always welcomes recommendations and ideas for improving existing programs and introducing new ones that help support its mission and the entrepreneurship community.