More Upcoming Events
- October 16, 2014, 4 p.m. - How to Overcome the Never Ending Maybe in the Sales Process
CIE in the News
- UNCW Entrepreneur Center Uses $50,000 Grant to Support Coastal Start-Ups - Time Warner Cable News, 09.15.14
- Center for Innovation wins accelerator grant - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- SXSW's Forrest revs coastal entrepreneurs - Lumina News, 09.10.14
- 11 Bullish Beachside Businesses - Exit Event, 09.08.14
- UNCW's CIE celebrates one-year anniversary, $50,000 grant award - Port City Daily, 09.08.14
- Tech Startups Take Stage at Wilmington Entrepreneurship Conference - Xconomy, 09.05.14
- UNCW CIE Opens CORAL, An Open Device Lab for Mobile App Testing - WHQR, 09.05.14
- CIE Among Winners Of National SBA Award - GWBJ, 09.05.14
- UNCW innovation center wins grant - Star News, 09.05.14
- Coastal Connect Entrepreneur and Capital Conference kicks off - Star News, 09.04.14
- UNCW Brings Innovators and Investors Together - Time Warner Cable, 09.04.14
- SXSW Interactive Director Shares Tips With Local Entrepreneurs - GWBJ, 09.04.14
- UNCW entrepreneur incubator celebrates anniversary - Star News, 08.29.14
- How old do you really look? FaceMyAge has an app for that - WRAL TechWire, 08.29.14
- Next Glass to expand from business incubator space to downtown headquarters - Port City Daily, 08.28.14
- Next Glass To Open HQ Downtown - GWBJ, 08.27.14
- UNCW Professor Pioneers Face Aging Technology - WHQR, 08.25.14
- Opinion-Entrepreneurship: Impacting A Vital Wilmington - GWBJ, George Taylor, 08.22.14
- Reinventing eye surgery - Lumina News, 08.20.14
- Business of Beer: Challenging, Costly and Friendly - Exit Event, 08.13.14
- Experts: Beer Making A Demanding But Rewarding Pursuit - GWBJ, 08.12.14
- Area craft brewers discuss the business of beer - Port City Daily, 08.12.14
- N.C. brewmeisters discuss burgeoning craft - Star News, 08.11.14
- Conference To Showcase 2 Local Startups - GWBJ, 08.08.14
- CED Announces 18 ‘Showcase Companies’ To Be Featured on Main Stage at Tech Venture Conference As Key Examples of ‘Rise of the Rest’ Phenomenon - 08.07.14
- Wilmington's First Maker Space On The Way - GWBJ, 08.06.14
UNCW Global Entrepreneurship Week
The CIE is proud to host local events as part of this worldwide week in partnership with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation that has inspired more than 10 million people in 102 countries, touching aspiring entrepreneurs from major cities to remote villages through some 58,000 events.
Coastal Entrepreneurship Awards
This annual event provides an opportunity for local entrepreneurs and growing companies to be recognized for their innovation and achievements. Ten category winners and entrepreneur of the year award are selected by a distinguished panel of judges and announced at the awards ceremony.
Rocket Pitch Event
This semi-annual and highly publicized event selects up to five of the Cape Fear region’s most exciting emerging startup companies and provides a venue for each founder to deliver a 10-minute presentation on the business and financial model, product(s), growth strategy, risks and resources needed.
Fall 2013 Rocket Pitch Videos:
Spring 2012 Rocket Pitch Videos:
- Elizabeth Logan: MyoMed
- Dan Tompkins: The Teacher Registry
- Shaun Olsen: Cloud Wyze
- Kristen Beckmeyer: PipeView Technologies, LLC
- Terry Linehan: An Independent Film
The mentor program is designed to connect emerging entrepreneurs, who are currently building companies for the first time, with established entrepreneurs who have started multiple companies and/or are currently leading large organizations.
Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
A key partner, the SBTDC provides free counseling services to entrepreneurs and business owners covering the complete range of key topics including managing finances, developing a marketing plan and managing a growing venture.
The goal of the program is to educate high school students on entrepreneurship and starting a business as well as leadership and team building skills. The program will involve a combination of classroom teaching, outdoor team building activities and hands on opportunities to develop a new business idea.
Have a Program Idea or Recommendation?
The UNCW Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship always welcomes recommendations and ideas for improving existing programs and introducing new ones that help support its mission and the entrepreneurship community.