Synergy: UNCW Common Reading Experience is located in DePaolo Hall, room 1092. Call us at (910) 962-3245 or email email@example.com.
For Faculty, Staff, and Facilitators
How to Participate in Synergy
- Incorporate the text into a class you are scheduled to teach - Include it as a required text or discuss the themes and topics of the book.
- Facilitate discussion groups - Help guide discussions in the residence halls or as part of a Synergy Coffee Conversation.
- Create programs and events related to the text - Get your department involved and incorporate themes of the book into your existing programs.
- Attend Common Reading events and encourage students to attend
- Create additional student and faculty resources
- Suggest a title for future consideration
- Tips for Facilitating a Meaningful Common Reading Discussion
- Tips for Incorporating the Common Reading into Courses
- UNI Instructor Handout with Program Information and Tips
- The Wave, Topics by Chapter
- The Wave Discussion Questions, Writing Prompts, Activities, and Projects
- Synergy UNI Textbook Chapter
- Values Continuum - Classroom Activity, developed by Seahawk Links
- The Waves and Synergy PowerPoint
- Further Reading and Films, related to The Wave
More general reading resources are also available.