REGISTRATION AND APPROVAL FOR DEPARTMENTAL RECEIPTING PRIVILEGES: All departments intending to receive cash, checks and/or credit cards as part of their normal operation must request departmental receipting privileges from the Controller and receive advance approval. See "Controller's Office, Forms" at left and from the Forms available choose "Request Departmental Receipting Privileges."
INITIAL RECEIPTING PRIVILEGES: To request initial receipting privileges, complete the "Request for Departmental Receipting Privileges" form located on the Controller's website under the FORMS link. You will receive an email notification once the Controller has approved this form.
RECEIPTING PRIVILEGES -YEARLY RENEWALS & CHANGES: When receipting purposes change, when there are receipting staff changes or at the yearly renewal time, departments must notify the Controller by submitting a new request for receipting privileges. Departmental receipting privileges must be renewed annually. The form titled "Request for Departmental Receipting Privileges" is located on the Controller's website under the FORMS link.
The Controller’s Office deposits cash and checks for all External Invoices and Contract & Grant invoices. THESE CHECKS MUST BE HAND-CARRIED TO THE CONTROLLER’S OFFICE. UNIVERSITY POLICY DOES NOT ALLOW CHECKS TO BE SENT THROUGH THE INTERCOMPANY MAIL. Public Service invoice payments can be processed by either the Public Service department or the Controller’s Office.
***If payment for an External Invoice or Grant payment is deposited at the department level, the person responsible may be required to retake RCT201 Deposit Transmittals, or may lose receipting privileges altogether. If you are uncertain about depositing any check, please contact Robin Kee at 2-7086 to determine whether the check is for an External Invoice or a Grant.***
If you have received a check that is a payment for:
- An EXTERNAL INVOICE: Hand deliver the check to Robin Kee in the Controller’s Office, Hoggard Hall, suite 155.
- A CONTRACT & GRANT INVOICE: Hand deliver the check to Robin Kee in the Controller’s Office, Hoggard Hall, suite 155.
- A PUBLIC SERVICE INVOICE: These may be deposited by someone with receipting privileges within the Div. Of Public Service (with receipt copy to "keer"), or hand deliver the check to Robin Kee in the Controller’s Office, Hoggard Hall, suite 155.
- A FINANCIAL AID or SCHOLARSHIP INVOICE: These may be deposited by someone with receipting privileges within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (with receipt copy to "candok"), or hand deliver the check to Robin Kee in the Controller’s Office, Hoggard Hall, suite 155.
If you have received checks or cash that are payments for anything other than one of the above invoices, and you:
- HAVE Departmental Receipting Privileges: Prepare a Deposit Transmittal Form (from the Accounting website FORMS link), stamp the back of the check with the “For Deposit Only, NC State Treasurer” and deliver the check with the Deposit Transmittal to the Cashier’s Office in Warwick Center.
DO NOT HAVE Departmental Receipting Privileges: Prepare a Deposit Transmittal Form (form is located on the Finance Forms website under Accounting/Controller FORMS). The Deposit Transmittal form must be electronically submitted using the “Send to Deposit Mailbox” button on the top right corner of the form and hand carried along with the cash/check to Warwick, Room 144. The Deposit Transmittal must have the following fields completed: Department, Funds Received From, e-mail receipt to, section 1 (either cash or check depending on the type of payment received), Fund Code, Account Number, Amount, Explanation of Deposit and Prepared by. Contact Sissy Hendricks at ext. 23147 or Constance Evans at ext. 27419 if you have any questions.
Please refer any questions to Robin Kee, ext. 27086 or email@example.com.