Designed by scientists for scientists
Located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway in Wilmington, North Carolina, the state-of-the-art MARBIONC Building offers multi-functional laboratories and specialized research equipment designed to catalyze university-industry partnerships and promote economic development through translational research.
Direct access to Core Facilities
In the MARBIONC Building, hub tenants will have access to the most advanced biotechnology laboratories and equipment on the East Coast, with more than 80 established researchers, state-of-the-art instrumentation, biological activity screening, analytical services, synthetic chemists, information technology staff and marine biotechnology expertise.
Learn more about our services.
Building features include:
- LEED Silver certification
- 24/7 physical and IT security
- Full power backup protection/100% power back-up
- Designed to withstand Category 3 hurricane force winds
The open floorplans and modular design for lab space provide tenants with a wide range of options to accommodate diverse workflows and research needs.
Lab features include:
- Contiguous office and labs
- Modular space (infinite configurations without construction)
- Movable lab tables
- Glassware washers and dryers
- A/V screen and ceiling-mounted projector
- White boards
- Extra equipment storage space
- Wall-mounted hoods and sinks
- Ceiling-mounted utilities