Strategy Enhancement for Achievement
"I can't change the direction of the wind,
But I can adjust my sails to reach my destination."
SEA Lab was established to meet the needs of students registered with the Disability Resource Center. SEA Lab offers innovative assistive technology software programs, experienced and knowledgeable staff, and encompasses a wide range of resources to help students be more academically successful. Through SEA Lab, students may access:
- A quiet place for studying
- Assistance of a Learning Specialist
- Workshops or 1:1 instruction
- A computer lab equipped with the latest assistive technology applications
- Training on an array of assistive technology
Through SEA Lab, a Learning Specialist is available to assist students in the improvement of overall academic achievement through the use of various strategies and techniques. A series of workshops and 1:1 instruction are available in:
- Time Management & Organizational Skills
For students who have accessed our Time Management & Organizational Skills Workshop, forms for the current semester are provided below for your convenience. If you have any questions or would like to meet with a Learning Specialist, please contact our office at 910-962-7555.
In addition to the above, personnel in the Disability Resource Center are also available for consultation to discuss:
- disability-related issues
- matters relating to an individual's understanding of a disability
- appropriate use of accommodations
- goal setting
- strategies to obtain balance while pursuing an academic career
Students registered with the Disability Resource Center are encouraged to take advantage of the unique opportunities provided through SEA Lab. The following outlines our most recent workshop offerings. If you are unable to attend a workshop and are interested in 1:1 instruction please contact the Disability Resource Center at 910-962-7555 to schedule an appointment.