Guidelines for Use
Who May Use the Dare to Soar Logo?
- All academic and administrative units can use the graphic as a secondary mark in print and digital formats.
- DTS in no way be used as a replacement of, or in competition with, the academic logo, which has reflected the university’s strong brand for more than 25 years.
- As a title of an event or program representing the university in an official capacity, the DTS graphic is reserved for the Office of the Chancellor or those representing the Office of the Chancellor, unless permission for use is granted by the Office of the Chancellor.
- The DTS graphic cannot be used as a sponsorship mark representing the university to external audiences. Always use the university word mark or the academic logo for sponsorships/partnerships with external audiences.
- Student organizations must receive permission for use. Permission can be given by contacting the Office of the Chancellor.
How May it be Used?
- The DTS graphic is to be reproduced without modification or addition.
- It must be represented independently and cannot be integrated into other marks. Any manipulation or alteration to the DTS word mark and graphic is strictly prohibited.
- When reproduced in color, the DTS graphic must appear in UNCW’s primary color, teal (PMS 329), black (for one-color printing) or white on dark backgrounds.
- Graphic filters, such as drop shadows, bevels, 3-D effects, etc. cannot be applied to the DTS graphic.
- When placing text next to the DTS graphic, a minimum space of ½ inch around the entire mark must be maintained.
- For use on official university merchandise, submit artwork to Marketing and Communications for approval. Upon approval, contact the UNCW licensing office (910.962.3716) for a list of approved vendors.
- As a secondary element, its use should be reflected appropriately in any design. Do not use it in close proximity to other logos. Utilize the services of Marketing and Communications to appropriately place graphic elements in ways that maximize their effectiveness and do not compete with or minimize the overall message.
- For use in email footers, remove all other competing graphic elements.
What About Letterhead and Stationery?
Due to cost considerations, at this time, there will not be print letterhead or business cards with the DTS graphic for general use. The university will continue to use its current stationery, a blue/gold academic logo on cream paper.
However, for time-limited events, programs or activities with approved use of DTS as a representative graphic symbol or title, customized stationery can be designed by Marketing and Communications. All uses of custom stationery must be approved by Marketing and Communications.