The Watson College of Education is accredited by:
Tamara M. Walser, Ph.D.
Director of Assessment
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Watson College of Education
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
The Assessment Office supports the Mission of the Watson College of Education (WCE) through program assessment and evaluation; data management; facilitating use of assessment and evaluation results; and building evaluation capacity among faculty and staff. Specifically, we:
- Coordinate the WCE assessment system.
- Work with faculty, staff, and P12 education partners to continuously improve the WCE assessment system.
- Provide leadership and technical support for WCE program assessment.
- Provide leadership and technical support for WCE program evaluation projects.
- Respond to special requests for data and reports.
- Maintain and improve the WCE Database and Collaborative Portal, which interfaces with university databases and houses information about WCE candidates, P12 partners, faculty, and alumni.
- Maintain and improve the Collaborative Portal function of the WCE Database, which allows for user input and serves as a communication tool for WCE faculty, WCE staff, and P12 partners.
- Work with WCE administrators, faculty, and staff to support NCATE/CAEP accreditation and other WCE reporting requirements.
- Work with university administrators, faculty, and staff to promote quality assessment practice at the university.
- Work with university administrators, faculty, and staff to support SACS accreditation and other university reporting requirements.