The Assessment Office supports the Mission of the Watson College of Education (WCE) through program assessment and evaluation; data management; facilitating use of assessment and evaluation results; and building evaluation capacity among faculty and staff. Specifically, we:
- Coordinate the WCE assessment system.
- Work with faculty, staff, and B12 education partners to continuously improve the WCE assessment system.
- Provide leadership and technical support for WCE program assessment.
- Provide leadership and technical support for WCE program evaluation projects.
- Respond to special requests for data and reports.
- Maintain and improve the WCE Database and Collaborative Portal, which interfaces with university databases and houses information about WCE candidates, B12 partners, faculty, and alumni.
- Maintain and improve the Collaborative Portal function of the WCE Database, which allows for user input and serves as a communication tool for WCE faculty, WCE staff, and B12 partners.
- Work with WCE administrators, faculty, and staff to support CAEP accreditation and other WCE reporting requirements.
- Work with university administrators, faculty, and staff to promote quality assessment practice at the university.
- Work with university administrators, faculty, and staff to support SACS accreditation and other university reporting requirements.