Professional Development System at the Watson College of Education
We are pleased to announce the 2012-2015 Master Teachers. This new PDS initiative is designed to recognize teachers in our partnership schools who have demonstrated excellence in teaching during their tenure as partnership teachers. These teachers will receive 30 hours of professional development and will work closely with our academic programs to better prepare our teacher candidates. There were 76 nominations from WCE faculty and staff and twelve teachers were chosen by a WCE selection committee. This is a three year appointment.
Inspire, Motivate, Enlighten
The Mission of the Master Teacher Program
The mission of the master teacher program is to collaborate with professional educators to reflect on practices and impact the educational environment by:
- Creating a safe, comfortable and caring environment where all children can learn.
- Making decisions based on what is best for all students.
- Engaging children in interesting and meaningful ways
- Fostering the “whole” child to build connections that address their social, emotional and physical needs.
- Reflecting on current and past practices to continually improve the learner’s experience.
Believing that all students can learn, MASTER Teachers provide:
- Opportunity – to learn, explore, face challenges
- Inspiration – to create, design, discover
- Encouragement – to try again, do their best, do it better, work harder, never give-up
- Connections – to the world beyond the classroom and community
- Nurturing-Relationship – a caring adult
- Cooperative engagement – to work with peers, challenge others, evaluate learning
View our blog at http://uncwmasterteacher.blogspot.com/
- October 24, 2013 EB 337 5:00-7:00pm
- March 20, 2014 EB 337 5:00-7:00pm
- September 2, 2015 EB 162 5:00-7:00pm
- November 18, 2015 EB 162 5:00-7:00pm
- March 24, 2015 EB 162 5:00-7:00pm