Experience Coordinator Roles and Responsibilities
The UNCW Field Experience Coordinator serves as the liaison between
the university and PDS partnership schools regarding all field placements.
The Field Experience Coordinator . . .
- Interacts with university faculty to elicit field experience requirements
for UNCW courses;
- Communicates with public school personnel to coordinate student
field placements, including internships;
- Inputs data and manages a database with all field experience/internship
- Provides clear and accurate placement information and reports
to faculty, partnership schools, and students;
- Elicits and distributes assessment information on students and
- Collaborates with PDS Director and Department Chairs to orient
interns to the internship placement process prior to the internship;
- Ensures that all internship applicants meet the Watson College
of Education’s eligibility requirements for participation in the
- Engages in collaborative planning with PDS Director and helps
facilitate internship placement meetings with school system personnel.