Intern Roles and Responsibilities
Teacher Intern engages with
a student at Blue Creek Elementary.
UNCW students involved in student teaching are called Teacher Interns.
The Teacher Intern . . .
- Delivers, analyzes, and reflects on effective instruction and
participates in observations, conferences and lesson redesign to improve
- Pursues deeper understanding of the relationship between theory
and informed practice and between school culture and the learning environment;
- Understands and is instrumental in developing and utilizing coaching
plans focused on intern growth;
- Utilizes student assessment data to inform effective instructional
practices focused on learning outcomes;
- Satisfactorily completes the technology Product of Learning;
- Participates as a team member in seminars and school reform initiatives
at the partnership school;
- Participates in targeted efforts to improve schools;
- Serves as an intellectual resource to partnership teachers, university
supervisors and other interns;
- Meets the Watson College of Education’s eligibility requirements
for participation in the practicum semester.