If you are interested in becoming a Watson Student Leader, email us for more information:
Become a Leader!!
What is a Watson Student Leader (WSL)?
A dedicated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about the teaching profession and has a desire to represent the Watson College of Education through leadership, professionalism, and service of past, present, and future Watson Alumni.
Who is eligible to be a Watson Student Leader?
Undergraduate or graduate students who will be or have been admitted into the Watson College of Education and are in good academic standing can apply to become a WSL.
What do Watson Students Leaders do?
- Attend one mandatory meetings each month
- Complete point system requirments each semester
- Fall- 5 hours of recruitment events, 1 social event, 1 outreach event
- Spring- 5 hours of recruitment events, 1 social event, 1 outreach event
What are the 5 hours of recruitment?
Hours are obtained through participation in event. Here are a few events that will earn you hours:
- Fall - Watson College Alumni events; assist with elementary/middle school tours, Dean events, recruitment events, etc. (Two points in the fall must be obtained through a recruitment visit to two UNI classes.
- Spring - Razor Walker Awards, Watson College Alumni events, Homecoming, assist with elementary/middle school tours, Teacher Cadet Conference, recruitment events.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org