UNCW strives to provide a safe environment for all students. There are many campus resources students can utilize to help decrease their risk of harm.
Know the Facts
- UNCW Alert: Seek official university communications during an emergency.
- Fast Facts: Understand and prepare for various types of emergencies and threats to safety, including hurricanes, pandemic flu, interpersonal violence and more.
- Quick Links: Your quick guide to the student health services, the Counseling Center, class cancellations and more.
Dating and Interpersonal Safety
The UNCW Code of Student Life defines harassment as "Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when such conduct (i) constitutes an expressed or implied condition to another person's academic pursuits, university employment, or participation in activities sponsored by the university or organizations or groups related to the university or (ii) is engaged in for the purpose of interfering with such pursuits, employment, or participation, or (iii) creates a hostile, intimidating, or offensive environment for such pursuits, employment, or participation."
- UNCW harassment resources:
- Share concerns about harassment with professional staff: