- Regional Branding Initiative: The University of North Carolina Wilmington's Office of Community Partnerships and the Cameron School of Business have partnered with 20 individuals representing local governments, economic development organizations and a few key industries in the area. Click here for more information.
- Youth Violence Reduction Initiative Meetings:
The UNCW Office of Community Partnerships is working to develop strategies for a community-wide action plan in response to Wilmington's youth violence. After last year's youth violence community forums, the City of Wilmington developed a list of recommendations and goals for the region. More
In the Community
- UNCW participated in community service activities at more than 1,532 community sites
- UNCW students provided more than 87,687 hours through service-learning courses
- UNCW engaged in more than 178,555 hours of service through 714 documented partnerships
- UNCW volunteer time is valued at $3.89 million (according to the national rate for volunteer service)
- UNCW commits resources to research and engagement in special focus areas such as the Center Innovation and Entrepreneurship, the UNCW-Wilmington Housing Authority Community Campus and the CREST Research Park
Community Partnerships works to support the university's strategic objectives in building mutually beneficial partnerships and positive relationships with key educational, economic, and governmental community based organizations and activities.
Community Partnerships plays a significant role in driving UNCW's strategy in the global marketplace. Our goals include:
- Proactively generating new partnership prospects
- Building effective and professional relationships with start-up and high-growth companies, non-profit organizations, foundations, municipalities and individuals
- Ensuring meaningful community engagement and economic development opportunities that involve students, faculty, staff and community, business and government leaders