Morton Hall 155
Ph.D., UNC-Chapel Hill
M.A., UNC-Chapel Hill
B.A., Centre College of Kentucky
Dr. Kamenish's interests include:
- Comparative Literature
- Gender Studies
- Modernisms and the Avant-Garde
ENG 110: Introduction to Literature: Latin American Literatures
ENG 226: World Literature Since 1600
ENG 294: Buenos Aires: Capital of Culture (study abroad)
ENG 306: Essay Writing
ENG 340: Multiculturalism and Literature
ENG 370: European Literature Before 1900
ENG 371: European Literature Since 1900
ENG 390: Chinese Fiction and Film
ENG 495: Theater of the Absurd
ENG 495: Banned and Censored Books
ENG 514: European Avant-Garde Theater and Theory
ENG 563: Topics in World Literature: Kafka: Key to the 20th Century
- Mamas of Dada: Women of the European Avant-Garde. Forthcoming from University of South Carolina Press, April 2015.
- Zabic, Snezana and Paula Kamenish. "A Survey of Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian Poetry in English Translation in the U.S. and Canada." CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture 8.3 (September 2006).
- "It's Such a Guilty Pleasure." In Clements, Caroline, ed. Best Practices in University Teaching: Essays by Award-Winning Faculty at the University of North Carolina Wilmington.Wilmington, NC: The Publishing Laboratory, 2006. 86-92.
- "Staging Crime: From Murder to Fine Art in Genet's Les Bonnes and Kesselman's My Sister in This House." The Comparatist 27 (2003): 117-137.
- "The Theory of Games and Dramatic Behavior." Studies in the Humanities 24. 1 & 2 (1997): 85-99.
- "New Applications of Game Theory: Genet's Prisoner's Dilemma." Cincinnati Romance Review 15 (1996): 184-191.
- "Naming the Crime: Responses to the Papin Murders by Lacan, Beauvoir, and Flanner." The Comparatist 20 (1996): 93-110.
- "French and English: 'Yoked by Violence Together'." Studies in Canadian Literature 17.2 (Winter 1992-93): 92-108.
- "Brecht's Coriolan: The Tragedy of Rome." Communications from the International Brecht Society 20. 1&2 (1991): 53-69.
- "Ionesco's Own Ubu." Postscript. Spring 1991: 9-16.