If you're looking for someone in the department, here is a good place to start. The Provost heads up this flow chart, and the lecturers of office staff round it out. Click here.
Can't find the internship coordinator? Want to call the chairman? All the details are here.
English Department policies
Find here all the information you need on Administration, Evaluation, Hiring, Mentoring and Teaching. Click here.
Get into Sharepoint by logging in here.
Who's in their office and when? All the details are here.
Ph.D., Purdue University
M.A., University of Texas at San Antonio
B.A., University of Oklahoma
Dr. Tirrell’s primary research area is the intersection of technology, rhetoric, and writing. His other academic interests include professional writing, new media, complexity theory, posthumanism, new materialism, data visualization, and video game studies.
ENG 204: Introduction to Professional Writing
ENG 290: Themes in Literature—Virtual Realities
ENG 314: Writing and Technology
ENG 319: Document Design
ENG 388: Rhetorical Theory before 1900
ENG 389: Rhetorical Theory since 1900
ENG 496: Senior Seminar—Writing and Video Games
ENG 503: Theory and Practice of Teaching Composition
ENG 552: Rhetoric and Culture
ENG 553: Topics in Rhetoric and Literacy
- with Ryan Weber. "Meeting Community Needs through Service-Learning in the Online Classroom." Adding to the Conversation on Service-Learning in Composition: Taking a Closer Look. Ed. Susan Garza. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press, 2013. 145–61. Print.
- "The Bloodsucking Brady Bunch: The Lost Boys and the Single-Parent Family.” Supernatural Studies 1.1 (2013): 7–16. Print.
- “A Geographical History of Online Rhetoric and Composition Journals.” Kairos 16.3 (2012): n. pag. Web.
- with Nathaniel Rivers. “Productive Strife: Andy Clark’s Cognitive Science and Rhetorical Agonism.” Janus Head 12.1 (2011): 39–59. Print.
- “Bleeding Through, or We Are Living in a Digital World and I Am an Analog Girl.” The Scary Screen. Ed. Kristen Lacefield. Burlington, VT: Ashgate Press, 2010. 141–58. Print.