Here you can find reading lists for the past five years, along with a sample exam from a previous year.
These are the readings for the current exam. Remember that you MUST purchase the precise edition given here. These are the only books you will be allowed to bring with you on the day of the exam.
Graduate School Forms
Forms for international students, certification, registration and requests for travel and other activities.
The link here will open a pdf form to apply for a Graduate/Independent Study opportunity.
Graduation Information for graduate students
Find out details of applying to graduate, along with a checklist and dates and deadlines.
The following are the two forms graduate students should look over if they are looking to be reimbursed for travel.
Newest Reading List
Remember that you MUST purchase the precise edition given here. These are the only books you will be allowed to bring with you on the day of the exam. You should read the material included in the critical editions as well as other pertinent criticism.
Please be advised that once students enter the exam room on the day of the exam, they will be recorded as having attempted the exam. If a student does not remain to take the exam, departs without attempting to complete it, and/or fails to submit his/her responses within the allotted time frame, s/he will receive a failing grade for that attempt.
- Allen, Donald, ed. The New American Poetry, 1945-1960. 1960. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999. Print. ISBN: 0520209532.
- Stoker, Bram. Dracula (Critical Edition). 1897. New York: W.W. Norton, 1996. Print. ISBN: 978-0393970128.
- Montaigne, Michel de. The Essays: A Selection. New York: Penguin, 1994. ISBN: 978-0-140-44602-9.
- Willard, Frances. Wheel within a Wheel. 1895. Carlisle, MA: Applewood, 1997. Print. ISBN: 1557094497.
- Wilson, Sloan. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit. 1955. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 2002. Print. ISBN: 1568582463.