Reading List for Comprehensive Examination, 2014-2015
Remember that you MUST purchase the precise edition given here. These are the only books you will be allowed to bring with you on the day of the exam. You should read the material included in the critical editions as well as other pertinent criticism.
Please be advised that once a student enters the exam room on the day of the exam, they will be recorded as having attempted the exam. If the student does not remain to take the exam, departs without attempting to complete it, and/or fails to submit their responses within the allotted time frame, they will receive a failing grade for that attempt.
- Allen, Donald, ed. The New American Poetry, 1945-1960. 1960. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1999. Print. ISBN: 0520209532.
- Stoker, Bram. Dracula (Critical Edition). 1897. New York: W.W. Norton, 1996. Print. ISBN: 978-0393970128.
- Montaigne, Michel de. The Essays: A Selection. New York: Penguin, 1994. ISBN: 978-0-140-44602-9.
- Willard, Frances. Wheel within a Wheel. 1895. Carlisle, MA: Applewood, 1997. Print. ISBN: 1557094497.
- Wilson, Sloan. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit. 1955. Cambridge, MA: Da Capo Press, 2002. Print. ISBN: 1568582463.